Lipstick Recommendations?

inconspicuous

I just finished depotting nearly all of my MAC eyeshadows, and have 12 to take back for B2M, want to get them in before my counter stops taking them.

And I have no idea what lipsticks to get. I'm a pale NC15, blonde hair, blue eyes. I tend to gravitate toward really nude colours, and I'd like something with a little bit more colour, but not anything super garish. I kind of want to try a coral lipstick, but not sure I'll suit me ^^ - I learned the hard way that lavender lipstick does NOT work on me unless I tone it down with pink gloss (read: corpselike).

So does anyone have some suggestions that tend to flatter this combination? If you're a similar colouring, what are your faves?

Thanks for the help! <3

ForgetRegret

I'm an NC15 right now...well...somewhere between NC and NW, really...but anyway...depending on how bold you want to be, if you're looking in the coral range, you can try Costa Chic (E2 collection), Made With Love (CC collection), Vegas Volt (super bright, but REALLY pretty, and perm.), and Impassioned tends to look a bit coral on me, as well. Keep in mind, I know some of these are going to be way bright, but you can always apply lightly, or sheer them down a bit with some gloss.
smiles.gif
Euro Beat is a really pretty d/g, and so is Bare Necessity (which looks NOTHING like it does on the MAC site...it's like Love Nectar, but has some pink sparkle to it, too). Those are both on the coral-y/peachy/apricot-y side, and would sheer out or tone down a bright color very nicely, I think.
greengrin.gif
GL, I HTH a little!

gildedangel

My favorite coral from MAC is Crosswires, I love the texture and it is kind of a different coral, it's more pink coral than orange coral. HTH!

inconspicuous

Thanks for the recs ladies, I'll look into all of them and swatch to see which looks the best. <3

As for the dazzleglasses, I really want Bare Necessity and Euro Beat - unfortunately, being in England, the lipsticks from the E2 collection are perm here and they haven't released the dazzleglasses from the collection. Sadface!

Still, I'll keep these ones in mind, thank you for your help!

ForgetRegret

Ohhh boo! Why haven't they released the d/g? Are they planning to, or are they just being snotty and not letting you have them? Man...that bites the big one. Bare Necessity, though, isn't from E2, I think it was from double dazzle...but you can get it on the website...I just checked the UK one, and it's on there too.
winks.gif

inconspicuous

Yeah, I can definitely get Bare Necessity, just depressing that Euristocrats isn't out here. Fingers crossed we'll get it late, but I haven't heard anything about releasse dates here... I'm going to MAC on Saturday so I'll have to ask while I'm there =]

ForgetRegret

Man, that's not fair! LOL I can't believe that the E2 lipsticks are perm, but they haven't even bothered to release the d/g's...what crap! Well I hope that they have good news for you Saturday! If not, I'm sure one of us on here can get it and ship it over to you
greengrin.gif
The Specktrettes are good like that.

ashley8119

I second "Crosswires". It's a very pretty pinky coral color! I know you said that you gravitate towards nudes, but if you feel daring, you could try "Girl About Town". It's a very cool toned bright pink, dark enough to not look tacky or garish but bright enough to look fun and youthful!

inconspicuous

I might get somoene to CP Euro Beat for me, if they don't release it here. It's stupid if they don't =[ Luckily I've got some friensd in the US and Canada (I'm from Canada lol) so it shouldn't be a problem to get. I just wish they'd give us a release date if it is. Hopefully, I'll find out tomorrow

I think I'm definitely going to get Crosswires, I've foundsome lip swatches and it looks gorgeous. I'm going to swatch the others and see what seems okay. Some might be too bright, but if I dab them on or combine with glass they might be okay.

Thanks for the recs, ladies!

LMD84

i think that we should get the euristrocrats 2 in august
smiles.gif

i also suggest crosswires - i back to maced for mine and wasn't sure on it... until i wore it! such a pretty corally colour and not too bright for a first timer!

i also think that cremecup is lovely - it's a light pink colour which would be nice to add a hint of colour to your lips.

inconspicuous

Ravishing is on my "to buy" list for the future, haha.

So I went and got Made With Love, which is really pretty. I asked for Crosswires, and was in LOVE with it, but they were sold out so I B2M'd for Vegas Volt instead, and I'll buy Crosswires when I phone in my next order

I hope you're right about the E2 collection, there are a few dazzleglasses I'm definitely lemming hehe

Latest posts