Liquid Liner?

Nicnivin

I have never used a liquid liner before and really didn't have time to spend at the MAC store today because I had an appointment to go to. But I picked up a Liquidlast Liner in point black just for the hell of it. Now I am having second thoughts and am thinking I should have picked up a Fluidline instead. So I guess my question is what would have been the best liquid liner to start off with since all I have been using the cheep drustore pencil kind.
th_confused_new.gif
Thanks!

i love the liquid last. i know not many ppl are fans becuz its a liner that really stays on and its hard to take off but it comes off with makeup remover..i personally love that no matter what my liner is in place at all times. i have a few but lately i perfer the liquid one. sometimes the brush is a pain but i got used to it...it gives kind of a shiny black finish.

sugarbunny

if you have never used liquid eyeliner before, you should have definitely gotten the fluidline. its the look of liquid but really simple for someone who isn't used to liquid liner. liquid liner can be tricky- takes lots of practice- fluidline is a good bridge from the pencil world to the liquid world and still has that intense liquid payoff.

Meisje

Liquidlast is really hard to use but it will never smear or smudge on you. It's a tradeoff --- difficult application, but incredible durability.

It's rather thick. I found that I was making a mistake by trying to apply it TOO sparingly and I wasn't getting a clean line.

You have to keep your eyes away from your eyelids until it dries or you will have a horrible mess.

yupitzTara

I tried sephora brand liquid eyeliner. i liked it, however when i started using fluidline i was sold. So now i only use fluidline. Liquid eyeliner is hard for me to apply w/o it running into my eye or being perfect. With fluidline you can take your time, it doesnt run into your eye, and is overall more easy to use (in my opinion). You should definitely try fluidline if you havent yet.

hope that helped.

Lizzie

I LOVE fluidline! However, LLL is really nice too. I usually have to use it with a different brush, because the applicator sucks. As others said, LLL has amazing staying power. So long as you apply it to your satisfaction and close your eyes until it dries it's fantastic. But I have ruined many a look because I f-ed up using LLL.

All that being said, I think fluidline is better if you're just starting out. It gives a smooth, dark line and is extremely easy to apply. Just make sure you close the lid very tightly after each use (so it doesn't dry out).

kittykit

I love Fluidline! I was using pencils for black eyeliner for years but after I was introduced to Fluidline, there's no way I'm going back to pencils again.

Nicnivin

Thanks ladies!! I will be picking up some Fluidline on my next trip. Now.. do I return my Liquidlast liner for the Fluideline or should I keep it lol . I def had a hard time applying the Liquidlast this morning and I f-ed it up bad. lol What kind of brush does one use with Fluidline?

User38

I adore liner. All types! Liquids, gels, pencils. Any and all. But some are much better for application. MAC's fluidline is good but not perfect (read flakes Bobbi Brown's gel liner is excellent and easier to work with.

I am recently very into the NARS liquid liner and the Cle de peau cream liner which is hugely expensive -- still deciding if it is worth the money although the application is fantastic. I also still line with good pencils, matching ES over it, or a good Cake liner. Did I say I love liners?
greengrin.gif

Latest posts