Live MAC Chat - Smoky Eyes For NC35

kittykit

Since I'm living in a non-English speaking country, it's quite hard for me to explain to the MAC makeup artists at the counter here because not everyone of them speaks English fluently. So I decided to use the Live Chat instead.

I'm a NC35, brown eyes and black hair.

info: Welcome to MAC Cosmetics Online. One of our Artists will be with you shortly.
info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Brandy. How may I assist you?
Amanda: Hi Brandy. I'm looking to buy some eye shadows for smoky eyes but can't decide what colours to go for.
Brandy: Hi! I am happy to help! Are you looking for a dark brown smoky look or do you prefer the darker grey and black tones?
Amanda: Dark brown will be great.
Brandy: Perfect. How many shadows do you prefer to work with at one time?
Amanda: Around 2-3 plus a highlight.
Brandy: Perfect. If you have one moment, I will be happy to put together an entire look recommendation, along with application tips/steps for a dark smoky eye that will complement your colouring.
Amanda: Great! Thank you!
Brandy: Sure! I will be right back.
Brandy: Here is the look that I have created for you, base on your colouring...I think it will look great on you!
Brandy: Here are the M·A·C Colours that you will start out with:
Brandy: Bare Canvas Paint (for your base shade)
Brandy: Shale Satin Eye Shadow (a great lid shade)
Brandy: Print Satin Eye Shadow (to contour your crease)
Brandy: Nehru Matte Eye Shadow (to line the eye)
Brandy: Plush Black Plush Lash Mascara
Brandy: M·A·C Cheek Colours
Brandy: Gingerly Satin Blush
Brandy: M·A·C Lip Colours
Brandy: Lip Pencil - Spice - a pink cinnamon stick
Brandy: Lustre Lipstick - Hug Me- a nude pink brown
Brandy: Tinted Lipglass - Lust - a nude lip tone perfect for your skin tone
Brandy: Here are step-by-step instructions for creating this look:
Brandy: - Apply Bare Canvas Paint over your eyelids with M·A·C Brush #217 as a base. Apply this shade over your brow bones as well as a highlight.
Brandy: - Pat Shale Eye Shadow over your eyelids with the same brush, blending it up just past the crease.
Brandy: - Apply Print Eye Shadow to your crease. Use M·A·C Brush #224 to blend the colour for a smoky, diffused effect.
Brandy: - Sweep a bit of the Print Eye Shadow along your lower lashline with the tip of the #252 M·A·C Brush.
Brandy: - Line your lashlines with Nehru Eye Shadow, and smoke the line out with M·A·C Brush #219.
Brandy: - Top your lashes with 2 coats of Pro Lash Mascara in Coal Black -- thick, lush lashes are key to the smoky look.
Brandy: Cheeks:
Brandy: - Keep cheeks looking healthy, but very natural. Apply Gingerly Blush to the apples of your cheeks, blending outwards towards the hairline with M·A·C Brush #129.
Brandy: Lips:
Brandy: - Create a beautiful nude lip with Spice Lip Pencil and Hug Me Lipstick. Layer Lust Tinted Lipglass on top for gorgeous shine.
Amanda: Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Brandy: Thank you for your visit! You may close the chat window by clicking the "Close" button at the top right once. You will be able to request that a copy of this chat be emailed to you as well as answer a few questions about your experience.

ginger9

Woo I like this, I'm NC35 also! I'd like to see how it turns out if you decide to try it out
smiles.gif

ms_bloom

Wow, that sounds like a great look and it really was so detailed!

But is it just me or did she give you a grey/purple smokey look instead of the brown one you asked for
smiles.gif

kittykit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_bloom
Wow, that sounds like a great look and it really was so detailed!

But is it just me or did she give you a grey/purple smokey look instead of the brown one you asked for
smiles.gif

I was thinking about the same thing when I went to check out the colours on the website. LOL. It doesn't matter for me because I like purple/grey too.

Serena

thanx dear,

I think it will be a great look. I'm NC 35 too & the info is really helpful to me.