Lolita-inspired lipgloss/lipstick?

dollparts

Hello gorgeous gals
smiles.gif

I am looking for a Lolita-inspired lip colour: when I think of Lolita, I think a pinky/red popsicle stained lip... Gloss and Lipsticks are great! (Any brand!)
Thanks so much
xoxo
cutey.gif

AlarmAgent

L'Oreal has those Color Juice Sticks, the lipsticks that go along with the lipglosses, I suppose. Anyway, one of them is very much a Lolita type color in my eyes. The same sort of cherry-popsicle stained mouth. I believe the name, fittingly enough, is Cherry Freeze! Very much a sheer and pinkish red.

For a look of stained pinky-red, I also have found success with blotting down any bright red lipstick. NYC's Retro Red is a good one, as well. Can be opaque as all get out, but blotted down resembles a cherry stain. I'd say blotting is the main element in a look like that. You wouldn't want it too bright, and not very glossy at all, either. You'd want it to appear effortless, and resembling a natural flush children often have to their mouths and cheeks, or something of a stain from Kool-Aid or something.

A completely bare mouth also has the connotations that the red stain does. The latest book jacket for Lolita is a macroshot of a totally bare, matte lip.

Aaaand now my creepy allotment for the day is spent. I hope this helps!

kimmy

you can definately blot down red lipstick to stain your lips. over a stained red lip, you might want to try something like mac venetian l/g very lightly applied to add some shine.
winks.gif

dollparts

i will definitely check out all these- thanks so much
smiles.gif

if you have any other recs, keep em coming!
xoxo

j_absinthe

I'd say keep 'em glossy. Venetian is a great choice, or something creamier like Russian Red or Avarice. Keep it youthful, but still seductive.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollparts
which lip gelee's would you suggest misschievious?

I'd look into any of the darker ones, they are very sheer so the darker ones will have a bit more colour. Maybe something like Glosspitality, Jellybabe or Moistly?

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*I think Nars l/g in Dolce Vita would be a good choice...I have been meaning to pick this up for a while, but haven't gotten around to it (with all of MAC's collections coming out!!! lol)...DV is a very nice rosy-pinkish color. I think it would fit what you are looking for!! HTH!!
winks.gif
*~*

Lip Gloss by NARS Cosmetics

darkishstar

You should try to get Red Romp from Antiquitease collection. It's a beautiful berry-red color that if you blotted would lighten it to a beautiful red stain. It may be a deeper red than you're looking for, but I would give it a try.
smiles.gif

iluvmac

If you have the chance to find it (I think it's discontinued), try Chance Encounter lipglass. I think it's a beautiful vivid red.

Latest posts