!!!!!!!London dwellers!! Help please: Stylish London Eateries

igswonderworld

Hey everyone, my boyfriend surprised me with the most perfect valentine's gift.. We're going to London for that weekend and I need to pick a restaurant for thursday night (valentine's yayy!) I just want it to be a perfect night and I am already behind on making reservations and everything but I was wondering if anyone can recommend someplace well-known, stylish, hip etc.. Even though I would like the restaurant to be moderately priced, it is not a priority at the moment. I am thinking famous chef, absolutely brilliant setting or just the it place to be.. Something like that..

Thanks ladies!!!!!!

stacey4415

The Ivy is quite nice, slightly overrated though. But you may find you will prefer lots of the little places to eat, such as the ones run by family s, small businesses and such as they tend to be a lot friendlier, take more pride in their work and food etcetera

Have fun!

florabundance

Amazing Mexican restraunt called Wahaca which is in Covent Garden. The food is SO good, but it gets PACKED OUT at busy times of the day (like lunch) and you can't actually book...literally queues outside the door..so go at a relatively quiet time its super yummy

caffn8me

I presume this has all happened by now. Where did you decide to go in the end?

I'm a big fan of The Ivy, Scott's, Rule's, Hakkasan, The Blue Elephant. That's just a start. I could go on all day
winks.gif