London IMATS 2011

rubyeskimo

Is anyone here thinking of going to London IMATS in January next year. I'm seriously considering it so I can get some discounts on stuff and actually have some decent access to MUFE! Was just wondering if anyone else was going!

lovesongx

I think I'll be going, I was so jealous reading the blog posts and watching youtube videos of people who went! I really want some MUFE so it could be the perfect opportunity since it's quite discounted at IMATS!

LMD84

i'm not sure. i wanted to go to this years one but i had to move house insted! however i keep reading about how poor the uk version is compared to the ones they do overseas. so i am not sure it would be worth me spending lots of money on a train ticket to get there and also a hotel so i can spend the night
th_dunno.gif

2nigurl

me and my friend are going to imats. were so looking forward to it since it will be our first. anybody going? we will be happy to meet fellow specktrettes :)

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm not sure. i wanted to go to this years one but i had to move house insted! however i keep reading about how poor the uk version is compared to the ones they do overseas. so i am not sure it would be worth me spending lots of money on a train ticket to get there and also a hotel so i can spend the night
th_dunno.gif

I want to go as well but I'm of the same thinking.

Someone said that the UK version of IMATS was like a church fete compared to the US one. A lot of the bloggers who went to this years said that the OCC liptars sold out really quickly and that there was no backup stock etc.. which I think is a bit lapse.

Once I find out who is going to be there, then I will decide if it is worth it or not.

I have also heard that the US one is more "girl on the street" friendly and the UK one is more for MUA's but I think again, that's to do with the space.

lolcats

I want to go. I live in London so its pretty easy for me, the only thing is from pictures it does seem a bit like a car boot sale compared to the american ones. But I'm sure the discounts worth it. Is it true you get a mac pro card if you go?

Mercurial

I want to go. I live in London so its pretty easy for me, the only thing is from pictures it does seem a bit like a car boot sale compared to the american ones. But I'm sure the discounts worth it. Is it true you get a mac pro card if you go?
I remember reading on another forum a few years back that some non MUAs managed to get pro cards but it was stopped the following year?
shrugs.gif
I'm hoping to go next year and would be great if I could get my mitts on a pro card but don't think it'll happen.

Soul Unique

I had thought about attending this year, but then I got caught up in comparing the UK version to the one in Pasadena and thought meeeh. Perhaps I may go this year coming, but it will all depend on which companies and which speakers and workshops will be present.

RE: MAC Pro card, I do believe that they have stopped the PRO Cards being issued freely at IMATS due to accredited MUA kicking up a stink about the unfairness of non MUA freely being able to obtain discount priviledges. Had those who received their cards kept 'mum' about not being MUA, and had instead just mentioned that PRO card registration did take place at the event, who knows, things may have been a little different. Of course if you tell the world that you just attended the event for the card and then belted out of the expo to go shopping straightaway, your bound to rattle a few feathers. But hey c'est la vie!!

lolcats

It looks like lauren luke has just been added to the exhibition list. Considering its only two months away it still seems like it will be a little bare.

Mercurial

It looks like lauren luke has just been added to the exhibition list. Considering its only two months away it still seems like it will be a little bare.

Yeah it doesn't seem particularly widespread with exhibitors, unlike the other shows. Would be interesting to go and the exhibitions would be fun, just expected more to be there seeing as its the makeup artist show to be at?

angelynv

Hey guys, I am definately going as just bought my ticket - my little pre-Christmas treat to myself! A little worried due to the posts here but what the hey? January is always such a miserable month.. this event may make it a bit more bearable! haha! Mercurial thanks sooo much for following my blog http://frivolousbyangel5ace.blogspot.com/ I am also now following yours and thank god I did as I just saw your post about NYX now being available in the UK woohoo!! May have to pick up some more pre-Christmas treats for myself.. haha! xo

*Katie*

I think I'll be going too, I have to get a plane from Edinburgh > London to get there though, so hoping me and SO can make a weekend of it, I dunno what he'll do while I'm there tho haha x