London (UK) IMATS 2009

vocaltest

Yay! I'm just about to book my tickets! Who's going?
I'm so excited. It'll be my first time going! Anybody been before? Whats it like?

Also booking my Birmingham Clothes Show tickets, anybody been before? Is there make up as well as clothes?

*edit*
heres the website..

IMATS London 2009

browneyedbaby

Ohhh I've never been before but now I really want too!!

I went to the Clothes Show last year. The fashion show was really good, and we had front row seats! The clothes stalls can be a bit dodgy, a bit market-ish and lots of the same sort of stalls selling almost the same things. There are a few great stalls mixed in though, just depends on your style really. There were a few cosmetics stalls but I think mainly selling discounted skincare.

vocaltest

ooh how exciting!! i can't wait to go, i've never been before. are the clothes real expensive??
i'm going to so many beauty/fashion shows within the next few months, so good! i'm going to salon international with my work in october as well, can't wait for that!

IMATS London 2009
thats the website for the show, it looks amazing. i can't wait for it. hopefully lots of specktra ladies will be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
Ohhh I've never been before but now I really want too!!

I went to the Clothes Show last year. The fashion show was really good, and we had front row seats! The clothes stalls can be a bit dodgy, a bit market-ish and lots of the same sort of stalls selling almost the same things. There are a few great stalls mixed in though, just depends on your style really. There were a few cosmetics stalls but I think mainly selling discounted skincare.

browneyedbaby

Hmm, no not really. Brands like, Caprice Lingerie, Juicy Couture, David and Goliath, Forever Famous, Criminal... were all cheaper than they'd retail at in stores.

Just went on the website and noticed it's moving to the ExCel Centre! Hadn't realised at all, think I'll go again this year.

Have you heard anything about a music act for this years show (Shayne Ward last year!!)?

And thank you for the IMATS website, looks great... hope I can find someone to go with me... I can't say as my friends are as make-up obsessed as me!!!

seabird

i'm hoping to go to imats too, i heard a rumour that at the mac stand you can sign up for pro card without being in the industry. i'm not sure if it's true, but i'm definitely hoping so! does anyone know anything about it?

glam8babe

i really wanna go to this IMATS thing, and yeh seabird im sure there is a MAC stand where you can get the pro card without being in the industry. (vanessa from nessasarymakeup beauty blog went this year and mentioned people were getting pro cards)

maybe us UK specktra ladies could all go or something?
none of my friends are really interested in makeup like i am so they would be bored

seabird

ooh that's really exciting! i think i'm defo going to go then. we could also incorporate it into a specktra uk meet as you mentioned? luckily for me my best friend would come with me as she's into make-up like i am but i can imagine a meet being very fun
smiles.gif

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Omg I would love to go to this :O same with me to none of my friends are into make-up
ssad.gif
and I live in scotland
ssad.gif
why cant these things be in glasgow
ssad.gif

glam8babe

we hardly have anything like that in the north east either
ssad.gif
but i'd probably get the train to london from newcastle... im sure it would come from up scotland too

vocaltest

yeah i heard that too but it wasn't London it was Los Angeles, not sure if it'll be the same here, hope so!

i don't know whether to go for the whole weekend or not. theres different speakers each day but i don't know whether it'll be more or less the same, prob will haha.

i can't wait. its at alexandra palace too which means it'll be massive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i'm hoping to go to imats too, i heard a rumour that at the mac stand you can sign up for pro card without being in the industry. i'm not sure if it's true, but i'm definitely hoping so! does anyone know anything about it?

seabird

i think i'm going on the saturday, staying over night and going shopping on the sunday to selfridges, mac pro etc
smiles.gif
might as well make a weekend of it.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i think i'm going on the saturday, staying over night and going shopping on the sunday to selfridges, mac pro etc
smiles.gif
might as well make a weekend of it.

thats what im thinkin of doing, but i only live 45 mins drive from london so i dont know! i'm going to mac pro in a couple of weeks and this time i'll actually have money! yay for payday!

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
if i was to go i dont know which day to go... is everyone going to the saturday one?

i'm not sure yet, i work saturdays but i can obviously book holiday off, i reckon the saturday will be SO busy... i was aiming for sunday but even if it is busy on the saturday, i reckon the atmosphere will be pretty good!

Luceuk

I don't know my timetable for uni yet so I don't think I'd be able to go
ssad.gif
it's my final year so I can't really miss anything. I'll go in 2010!

user79

Did anyone go to this last year? Are the prices of the items adjusted to the UK market (ie marked up)? I was thinking of going to this but if everything is going to be super expensive and all in pounds, I might not...