Long-distance relationships

procrastinator

Anyone else in one?

I hope this post doesn't go tooo long, but yeah...I recently started one...it's been a little more than 2 weeks for me. My SO goes to boarding school in Connecticut, although his dad lives in NYC and his mom lives in NJ, which is where I live. It's pretty hard because he's the greatest guy I've ever met and he's so far away, and I won't be able to see him again until March/his spring break. And I miss him a lot and I worry a bit sometimes about what our relationship will be like, since I'm a senior in HS (I know, I'm young hehe) and he's a freshman (he's supposed to be a sophomore, he started school a year late). I will probably be attending school in either New Jersey or Boston, so it's around a 2-hour drive either way. But it still sucks because my parents don't know, since Asian parents tend to be all "ehh" about dating. He makes me feel so happy and we have such a great bond, but at the same time, I just worry sometimes, especially since he's my first serious boyfriend. Woo, sorry, that was a little long, I just needed to vent a little.

jasper17

For the three years that I dated my husband before we got married, he was a contractor and his company sent him away basically on a whim where ever he was needed. It was hard and we really only saw each other maybe once a month or every other weekend if we were lucky. It can work but it takes work. Communication is important as is cherishing and making the most of the time that you do get to have together. Most of all it sucks to be away from the person you care about but I really do think it makes things stronger between you - if you do communicate and work at making it work. Lots of babble, I know, but mostly I just wanted to say good luck and that it can work out
smiles.gif

Pink_minx

I had a long distance relationship for 11 months with my bf. He lived two hours away from me he lived in san jose and I in sacramento. It was really hard to be away from eachother but we always chat online send eachother pictures and talk on the phone all the time. He would try to drive up to sac at least every other weekend whenever he had the chance. Now he moved up here to go to college and we see eachother everyday now! So what im trying to say is just try to find ways to communicate with him when you guys cant see eachother. And be able to trust eachother because that is the number one thing especially long distance relationships.

IslandGirl77

My boyfriend and I acutally met online! I know it sounds really crazy! We were just friends for about 2 years. I lived in Hawaii and he lived in South Carolina...blah blah. So we ended up dating. We spent about...three or four months apart before I moved. We did alot of Instant messaging, emailing, telephone calls, and webcaming! Webcams can be fun by the way! LOL But, it was hard! I think it takes alot of work and trust. But, with technology today...there are tons of ways to keep connected.

Pink_minx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
Webcams can be fun by the way! LOL But, it was hard! I think it takes alot of work and trust. But, with technology today...there are tons of ways to keep connected.

I agree with the webcams, my bf bought me one so we can see eachother online. Its funny cause sometimes we would make funny faces over it guessing which animal we are or do a strip tease LOL. ok a lil to much info but its def. fun you should get one.

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink_minx
I agree with the webcams, my bf bought me one so we can see eachother online. Its funny cause sometimes we would make funny faces over it guessing which animal we are or do a strip tease LOL. ok a lil to much info but its def. fun you should get one.

Yes webcams! Oooo soo bad! LOL I think they help though, because you can acutally see the person. I used to watch my boyfriend at work. LOL I was at work with him. LOL

honeyd

Me! I met my boyfriend in Canada (I lived there for a couple years, now Im back home in Texas.) We've been dating for 4+years. People think we are crazy for even bothering with it, but I know how you feel we make eachother so incredibly happy. And its not too bad actually because we visit eachother a lot, thank God for airmiles,lol. And got his program that lets me call there as much as I want for only 5 bucks a month bc we talk sooo much everyday. He even lived with me for 6 months but had to move back for awhile because stupid immigration laws,lol. Its pretty much impossible for him to live here legally and be able to make money and support himself unless we got married...and we're too young for that. Hmm, now I miss him!!

Latest posts