Long Distance Relationships?

TangoMango

In about a month's time, I will be moving to a new town. The problem is, I have a boyfriend and we really want to continue our relationship. He has wanted to be with me for 3 years and he finally gets me and I have to move.
ssad.gif
We have explored other options but we can't seem to agree. He wants to continue it but have some freedom, but I say we should be friends and when we are done school, we can be more than that. I don't have a car, or even my G1 but he's planning on getting a car. He's afraid that we will grow apart and eventually break up, but I told him I won't let that happen. We plan on calling each other and talking on msn and visiting one another.

The town I'm moving to is 20 min away from the city we live in now, by car. By bus, it is longer.

Any tips on how we can make this soon-to-be long distance relationship last?

Hawkeye

20 minutes isnt that far apart!
smiles.gif

Look on the bright side maybe the two of you can call etc until one you can get a car!
smiles.gif

TangoMango

When we have a car, it won't be, but by bus, it'll be 45 min. Lol, I hope my mom can drop me off at his house or something!
smiles.gif

dmolinet

Darlin. that's nothing!!! My husband & I met on the beach in Fla while I lived in bumf%^k Ala & he lived in New Orleans.. We burned alot of gas and ate up alot of long distance----our 26th anniversary will be Valentine's Day. It was hard. It was fun. It was the greatest thing in my life!!! Our 26th anniversary will be here before you know it.....but it seems like we've only been together a minute.

There is an old saying that when the world began. there was only one kind of person, neither male, nor female. But fate(or whoever you want to call it) split these souls apart.
Now, we search for our split-apart-------------------few of us are lucky enough to find them. I found mine--may you all find yours

ExquisiteImages

You both will be fine
smiles.gif
. 20 minutes isn't far. "Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel." Hope all goes well for you
th_hug.gif

m00nl1ght

20 minutes isn't that far.. i'm currently in Melbourne, Australia while my bf is in Indonesia.. i need to travel 8 hrs by plane to meet him..

TangoMango

Thanks for the advice everyone, but he and I aren't together anymore.
ssad.gif
weeping.gif
Oh well, less stress for me when I move.
th_dunno.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoMango
The town I'm moving to is 20 min away from the city we live in now, by car. By bus, it is longer.

Any tips on how we can make this soon-to-be long distance relationship last?

20 mins by car is hardly a long distance relationship, hehe. I was long distance for years with my boyfriend who lived in another CONTINENT and the fastest way to see him was a 7 hour plane ride! If you want to make it work, you can, you'll just have to schedule in time to see each other, but such a short distance sounds like a small obstacle to overcome.

Jeannine8

20 minutes is nothing, my boyfriend lives on the other side of the country.

sorry about your breakup, but it sounded like he was ready to end it when you mentioned he wanted freedom.

dawnmelissa

like everyone else has said...20 minutes is nothing. i just started seeing this guy that's 95 miles away from me. i drove up to see him last weekend and even that was nothing.

Pink_minx

20 minutes isnt so bad...I had a long distance relationship w/ my bf (2 hours away) and we are still together. We didnt date anybody or have an open relationship. We just talked to eachother everyday and chat and do webcams as much as we could. Then after a year when we graduated he moved to where i lived so now we are still together!

I wouldnt worry so much. You can try to visit him during the weekends or something...i mean if you are going to a different school wouldnt you have friends that are close to where he lives? find an excuse to go over to a friends house and you two can hang out together hehe i dontknow you two will eventually work things out. It will be fine!

IslandGirl77

Sorry to hear you and him aren't together anymore. Like everyone else said though, 20 mins. isn't bad. My boyfriend and I met online. He was living here in SC and I was in Hawaii. Until I moved here, we had webcams, IM's, and phones.

Latest posts