Long-wearing lipstick n primer??

myystiqueen

Okay so i have just gotten into lips lately... i have only tried drugstore brands like Maybelline Superstay, Revlon Super Lustruous, NYX round l/s etc... i have also tried The Body Shop, BeneFit Her Glossiness and MAC viva glam l/s....

but the main thing is that some of the drugstore brands didn't stay put for a long time.. it tends to fade after 2-4 hours.... can anybody suggest me a good long-wearing lipstick,, preferably drugstore?? and uhm.. is MAC lippies long-wearing??

do i need a primer to solve this problem?? if yes, then can u suggest me a good one??

Dreamergirl3

I know you said you've tried Revlons long wearing lip colors, but have you tried their Colorstay lipstick? I think they've reformulated it. The older one that I didn't like was in this packaging
rev_699.jpg

and the newer one looks like this
P-lipsCsLipcolor-tn.jpg

I think the trick to this type of lip color is to exfoliate your lips first, then apply a thin layer. The thicker you apply it, the more flakes off. Also, I waited about 10 minutes for it to try completely before putting a VERY light layer of the gloss on top. I don't find Colorstay to be that drying, so even when the gloss wore off I didn't apply more unless I really needed it. It stayed on even longer without reapplying the gloss often.

Another thing to keep in mind, this lip color runs sheerer than it looks in the tube.

hth! I really liked this lipstick. I wore it on Halloween and it was still there the next morning!

myystiqueen

oh why thank you... i'll try it soon.... but i'm not sure if they are available here in aussie.. have never seen them anywhere before... >.<