Looking for a black shadow w/iridescence

vicuna1

Like the way oil looks on wet pavement. It can be in pan or loose (like a mineral) form. I'm looking for several colors iridescensing (?) w/i the black. Thank you!

mac_obsession

Im not sure there is anything with irridescence, but you could combine something to come up with that look...

maybe like black tied (black with sparkles) and uhm phloof!?

Or even better dark soul pigment and pink opal...I think that would be pretty close to irridescent.

mspixieears

I'm tempted to say Blitz & Glitz with perhaps Vellum e/s applied over? Or you could substitute Vellum for Silver Ring.

VV is right about Sharkskin shadestick - you may also want to try Graphito paint, they are very similar.

I guess you could even use Blacktrack f/l as e/s and try applying things over that?

Sanne

I used black tied all all over my lid once, and I put kitschmass pigment on top. looked gorgeous IMO. I think that pic is somewhere in my gallery, it was for the rockchick FOTD challenge

Shawna

Oh, I just saw the MA at my local counter do this effect recently. She used Smoulder e/k (ok, I suck with eyepencil names cause I use fluidlines, sorry if that's wrong) as a base all over. Then she used several different shadows depending on what colour you wanted. Gorgeous gold reflected green overtop. Vellum reflected blue-purple. Pink opal would be gorgeous over top, but I didn't see it. I can just imagine it. I think if you tried this and just played around you would find what you were looking for. I think the e/k would be better suited for this because it would be sticky and the e/s would blend and stick to it. If you figure out a great combo, be sure to post an FOTD for us.