Looking for a good blending brush

MAC-Addict03

Hello dolls! I'm on a mission for a good blending brush for eyeshadows/crease. I currently own Mac's 217 (love it!) but I want to add to my collection. I've heard mixed reviews of the 224 so I would like people's opinions on that one before I go spend $28.00 on it, I've heard the 226 is good but because it's LE I can't find it anywhere, even checked my local CCO. Anyone know if there's any dupes out there for a good blending brush? As long as its a good brush I don't mind price or name brand. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

mac_addict.gif
mac_haul.gif

KeishaG14

I personally LOVE my 224. I have to admit, it was sort of scratchy at first, but has soften up quite nicely over the few months I've had it. I use a few different brushes to blend including the 275 and even 219. I use a Sonia Kashuk brush similar to the 263 to apply color and blend in my highlight under the brow. HTH...

DILLIGAF

Im in a similar boat. I love my 224 and I currently own 2 of them but I cannot for the life of me find a cheaper dupe for a friend of mine that considers it to be way too expensive. The #9 from Stila is a close 2nd but its $24. KeishaG1 what Sonja Kashuk brush are you using?

dietcokeg

the 217 eye brush from mac is the only one i own 2 so i know how i feel about wanting 2 expand your collection. since u dont mind the brand i HIGHLY reccommened smashbox brushs, they r amazing quality and not as expensive as mac ( not sure about their retail price, but i buy mine online at allcosmeticswholesale.com - u serious cant bet the price for 9.99$) ive heared great htings about the 224 if u wanna go for it tho!

KeishaG14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
Im in a similar boat. I love my 224 and I currently own 2 of them but I cannot for the life of me find a cheaper dupe for a friend of mine that considers it to be way too expensive. The #9 from Stila is a close 2nd but its $24. KeishaG1 what Sonja Kashuk brush are you using?

This is the one I was talking about....
31JFNMR2Y6L._AA260_.jpg

lauraglou

I have lots of MAC brushes including the 224 and 217 but I've recently bought a couple of the Sigma brush sets (one full set and one travel set) from Sigma Makeup and I've got to be honest I'm dead impressed with them. I think the S224 sells for about $9 and I love it for blending.

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraglou
I have lots of MAC brushes including the 224 and 217 but I've recently bought a couple of the Sigma brush sets (one full set and one travel set) from Sigma Makeup and I've got to be honest I'm dead impressed with them. I think the S224 sells for about $9 and I love it for blending.

I have the MAC 217 and I just purchased the complete brush kit from Sigma, which includes the SS224. I didn't think I would need another blending brush but the SS224 is awesome! It blends much better than my MAC 217. The bristles on the SS224 are a little shorter and a bit fluffier than the MAC 224, but works great nonetheless. I would definitely invest the money to get either brush.

<3

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeg
the 217 eye brush from mac is the only one i own 2 so i know how i feel about wanting 2 expand your collection. since u dont mind the brand i HIGHLY reccommened smashbox brushs, they r amazing quality and not as expensive as mac ( not sure about their retail price, but i buy mine online at allcosmeticswholesale.com - u serious cant bet the price for 9.99$) ive heared great htings about the 224 if u wanna go for it tho!

I was looking into smashbox but was unsure because they don't seem as popular as mac, I'm going to check out the website I've heard good things about allcosmeticswholesale.com and $9.99 sounds amazing to me! lol Thanks!

th_DANCE.gif

MAC-Addict03

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraglou

I've been meaning to check out sigma brushes, I've heard mixed reviews and since I've never owned any Sigma brushes I was iffy, but I'm willing to try them out since it's been mentioned a few times in this post! Thanks for your help!

LMD84

i love my 224 brush! it's great for blending crease to highlight colours!
smiles.gif
and also i have seen people using it as a concealer brush as well so it's multi purpose!
smiles.gif

i like the 217 and 222 brushes for crease blending.

Lyssah

I have the 217 (x2) & 224... I thought I wouldn't like the 224.. but I was very wrong. I love how polished it makes my makeup look. Had I purchased this before my second 217 - I would of gotten a second 224.

I highly recommend it.

Latest posts