Looking for a make up bible!

Pink_Puddleduck

Hiya,

I wasn't sure where to put this but I am definitely searching for a recommendation!

I’m searching for a really great make up bible/ manual almost. I have never had any technical training, I’ve learnt as I have gone along and got better through practise and trial and error but would now like to learn a bit of theory and perhaps discover new ways of doing things. What I am looking for is a book which contains techniques and theory, I don’t mind if it is particularly biased towards one brand but would obviously prefer it to be Mac if nay, or if it references no brands at all. I just want something thorough and well respected with in the industry really. If its a UK book all the better but if not I don’t suppose it really matters.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

P.S. I am sorry if this has already been posted, I searched for book but nothing came up.

User38

Where the book comes from doesn't matter. Makeup is an art and art has no barriers as refers to territory.

Any books from the master, Kevin Aucoin, Way Bandy are an absolute must.
For really natural looks to do "daily" or "natural" looks, check out Bobbi Brown's books.

Good luck.

cazgh

I have the Laura Mercia one, and a Nars book for ideas - these are the 2 I go back to most... I haven't found an ultimate bible yet but at the mo I'm looking for more arty books - more pics of the beautiful stars of the past, or model biographies to build a collection of great make up looks to study and work towards
smiles.gif

Laura Mercier
Nars