Looking for a not too pricey skincare regime??

ana_banana

HI-

I can describe my skin. I'm 26, my skin is clear most fo the time..but happens to breakout at any time with little whiteheads and a few pimples. Oily and dry on my T-zone, Dry on chin and other areas of face. I have big pores on my cheeks, lots of blackheads on my T-zone. My skin look red/blotchy/uneven near my cheeks/nose. I'm looking to get my skin in it's outmost healthiest at my age..I don't want breajouts at my age..etc. HELP??

urbanlilyfairy

cetaphil skin cleanser (great all around cleanser) under 10 dollars

clinique dramatically diffrent moisturizing gel not lotion ..i like the gel better ( the small tube is about 10 dollars

splurge on Estee lauder idealist for the pores ..this stuff is so luxurious feeling and has worked wonders for my skin ..and making my pores appear smaller ...and taking care of oily and dry spots all with same product ..also helped flakes and redness around my nose. I think the small 1.0 oz cost is about 36 usd ...its a bit much for 1.0 ..but a little goes a long way with this stuff.

and if you want u can add an eye cream ...I use clinque all about eyes ..but I also like neutrogena radiance boost ..which is fairly inexpenisve as far as eye creams go.

a nice lip balm ..i prefer rosebud salve or jo malone vitamin e lip balm ..but good old carmex in the vaseline tube type is pretty similar to the jo malone balm that sells for 20 bucks ..just has that minty kick in it and jo malone doesnt.

oh and a clay mask once a week or so ..is great for your pores and white heads and stuff ...

I like the cheap o queen helene mint julep mask ..

oh and one of the most refreshing things i do for my skin is grab a face towel ..run it under hot water ..not scalding ..just enough to make it warm and just place it on my face for a few seconds ...to steam my face before and after its clean hehe ... also great to remove the mint mask that way too..

face towels u can get for cheap anywhere so yeah thats a nice way to give you a facial feel hehe

and thats about it ...I don't use a toner ... I rather not pour alcohol on my skin and strip it of all oils ..cuz then it just makes your skin produce even more ..your supposed to have a bit of oil for natural protection and all ...by removing stripping it all off ..just kicks the skin in overdrive and causing you to produce even more oil than you really need ..that is my opnion on toners and im no professional lolz ..so yeah

anyway hope some of this helped. THis is my regimen and it has worked wonders for me ..

I used a lot of stuff in the past ..and just finally find this routine the best ...

I forgot to mention an alternative to the estee lauder idealist might be olay serum ..im not sure of the name but it comes in a black tube and its labeld something serum ..part of the regenrist line i think ..I did use a sample of this for about 2 weeks i got from somweheres was a pretty big sample ..and I definetly liked it ..it was supposed to target about 8 or something diffrent skin problems ..the one i recall the most was pores/acne amonst other things ..I did like this when i used it ..I just never could find it here in italy at my base shoppette so I have continued to use idealist since its easily accessable to me.

but if i did find the olay serum i would probablly buy it ..as i think its probablly under 20 bucks

athena123

Hi ana, welcome! Be careful of clinique and Estee Lauder skincare products; they're expensive and too harsh for some people, although others like UrbanLily have reported good results. And take my recommendations with a grain of salt; what works well for me may not work for you, even if we have the same skintype
smiles.gif

A great line of skincare products made in the USA is PSF, or Pure Skin Formulations. They offer a lot of great actives, few irritants and use a lot of organic ingredients wherever possible. They don't test on animals and have signed the compact for cosmetic safety. For their price point, they offer a lot of fantastic products for different types of skin. It's my favorite all around line and one of the best changes I made to my skincare regime since switching from Murad. No, I do NOT work for them but I'm a fan. www.psfskincare.com

I use the papaya cleaning gel. Great for oily or combo skin. $20 for 8 oz. seems a little pricey but the pump dispenser keeps you from dispensing more than you need and a single pump will cleanse your entire face. I don't use this to remove my makeup, however.

They offer a few lovely masks. Either the organic moisturizing mask or pumpkin mask may be good fits for you. I use the pumpkin mask on a weekly basis; enzymes from the pumpkin in addition to glycolic acid really cleans pores within and without. Their mud mask is very nice but it's expensive enough that I make my own mud mask from french green clay, yogurt and honey.

A light moisturizer is likely all you need. I use camellia oil or jojoba oil. If you need something a little richer, I've heard great reveiws about PSF moisturizing treatments. The balancing oil is geared toward oily/combo skin

Their eye treatments are lovely. I use the cranberry lifting serum and follow up with the hydrating serum. At 26, you probably don't need the hydration and can probably just get away with the cranberry eye lift.

Good luck,

Athena