Looking for a soft matte red that looks super natural.

~Coco~

I have been on a search for what seems like my entire life for a color like this. A nice soft matte, not too red, not too pink, just like the color of a natural lip. Any suggestions would be sooooo appreciated!

Dark_Phoenix

Almost Lipstick in Ruby Glass by Clinique if you want something that's slightly shiny, kinda red, and it goes on like lipstick but is very see-through. Color Surge Butter Shine in Adore U (Clinique) is a more nude/blush color that's pretty close to lip color.

If you're going for MAC, I think Cherish and Velvet Teddy look pretty natural on fair skin.

~Coco~

I have a few of those, velvet teddy is very nice but a bit too nude. I am NC25 and have some yellow in my skintone. I really don't want any shine, something that just looks like you bit your lips(without the blood!)

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Coco~
I really don't want any shine, something that just looks like you bit your lips(without the blood!)

Have you tried Benefit Benetint? It has a nice berry tint, looks pretty natural and doesn't come off easily.

Hawkeye

Really, your best bet is to do this:

take a red lipstick (My color is MAC Duboneet or NARS Transiberian)

and instead of doing what most people do by applying their lipstick directly from the tube and swiping it over the lips to get a massive amount of color - take your tube and "pat" the color on your lips. Or if you are like me and don't give a rip about sanitation as long as your fingers are clean- take your finger swipe it on the lip color and then pat it on your lips.

That way you just give an even distrubution without a whole lotta color.

~Coco~

Ohh very good ideas! I have not tried Benetint, I do like Benefits products so I might just give that a go.

Also the idea of just applying a smaller amount to my lips with my finger, hmmm never even occured to me!
hmm.gif

I will try those ideas. THANKS!

Any other thoughts appreciated too!

~Coco~

I have found it! I got Bobbi Brown Matte Lipstain in Clay. Thank you all for your recommendation, this is it!
cheerleader.gif