Looking for affordable but "gentle" exfoliators!

Kragey

I've been using the same tube of St. Ives apricot scrub for about 2 years now, but honestly, I worry that it's a little too rough on my skin. I want to look for something a bit gentler that will slough off dead skin without possibly microscopically tearing my cheeks to shreds. :p

The two I've been hearing about are the St. Ives olive oil scrub and the Queen Helene honey scrub...can anybody tell me about those two, or any other products? Again, I'm looking for something that isn't quote so "rough," to keep my skin healthy in the far off future.

ashk36

There's another thread in this forum about the face brush from Sally's. It's only about $2 and it exfoliates well. You can give it a shot. If that's too rough for you, you could try a baby's hair brush. As far as gentle exfoliating cleansers go, I, too, use the St. Ives apricot scrub, haven't tried the others you mentioned.

MzzRach

Aveeno makes a terrific facial scrub that is gentle but effective. It comes in a light green tube, the exact name is escaping me at the moment.

January

LOVE St. Ives Elements Microdermabrasion Scrub... I think it's gentle
smiles.gif

elb154

I have used the Neutrogena wave. You can get the exfoliating pads for them. I just add some of my regular cleanser to it. My face is always so soft and smooth when I am done. Sometimes I use it every day and sometimes just a few times a week to exfoliate. I work in retail at a return desk I have never returned a Neutrogena wave but I have returned tons of clean and clear ones that people say was really rough on skin.

choozen1ne

I have really sensitive skin -most exfoliates make me feel as if my skin is on fire , that includes MAC Volcanic Ash too , I have found that mixing baking soda in with my cleanser works really well gets all the dead skin off and doesn't bother my skin and I use the Sally Face brush that was mentioned above with the baking soda works wonders

Latest posts