Looking for good concealer to cover dark circles. Any suggestions??

Starlawarla

Hi guys!!

I am looking for a concealer to cover my dark eyelids and under my eyes. I just want it to cover up and not highlight. Please give me any suggestions you may have. All suggestions are welcomed but if you guys know of any reasonably priced concealer that would be great.

I was matched to NW43 in Studio Sculpt foundation, in Revlon Colorstay 24hr for normal to dry in Caramel, BH cosmetics foundation in Mocha.

I have used an Avon concealer, and Mac concealer palette in medium, and LA girl pro concealer in Toffee (it is too light, may need to just find my correct shade in this).

SassyDove

I would highly suggest Glamoflauge by Hard Candy - the brand is now available at Walmart but is still as awesome quality as when it was the competitor to Urban Decay. That stuff will cover literally anything.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I quite rate the Bobbi Brown Correctors. Some of them are peach-toned; others are bisque (pink)-toned. You would choose a shade depending on what colour your undereye circles are. They're also a thinner consistency than your MAC concealer palette. A bit on the pricier side at $25. Better to use them before applying foundation, then go over the top with a concealer that's the same as your skintone. Budget-wise, I think Hard Candy has some corrector shades, but I don't know if there are shades for darker skins.

llconfident

Try the Maybelline Fit me Concealer! High coverage (blend it in with a concealer brush, not beauty blender: I personally like the concealer brush by the sephora line A LOT), long lasting, easy to work with

alle685

Hi guys!!

I am looking for a concealer to cover my dark eyelids and under my eyes. I just want it to cover up and not highlight. Please give me any suggestions you may have. All suggestions are welcomed but if you guys know of any reasonably priced concealer that would be great.

I was matched to NW43 in Studio Sculpt foundation, in Revlon Colorstay 24hr for normal to dry in Caramel, BH cosmetics foundation in Mocha.

I have used an Avon concealer, and Mac concealer palette in medium, and LA girl pro concealer in Toffee (it is too light, may need to just find my correct shade in this).
I have dark circles and it's not just enough to put concealer on - you need to correct the dark circles before you conceal or no matter what, you are going to see those circles.

Since you are darker since, I would suggest an orange or peach coloured corrector. Budget friendly lines that carry them is NYX and LA Girl.

Starlawarla

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have seen a youtube video on Mac Prep and Prime Peach Lustre Pen. The lady had dark circles like me and she used it before concealer and it really helped. I will look to see if I can find something similar but cheaper because I think the pen is like $26, if not I will have to bite the bullet and buy it.

I am researching now to see if I can find a peach corrector. I will update this post with results. :)

starletta8

I'd highly recommend NARS Creamy Concealer. Yes, it's more expensive than your original budget probably ($29), but there's a reason why so many people love it. It doesn't tug at the delicate eye area skin, and it's full coverage.

My dark circles are straight-up genetic (I was the only infant/toddler/small child, etc) with hugely dark circles; my father used to tell me (in a loving way) that my eyes belonged on a raccoon. As a result, I have been there/done that/tried that on every concealer/sets of concealer on the market aside from the Cle de Peau (I can't pull that trigger yet). NARS Creamy Concealer blows everything else out of the water. I used to wear multiple layers of concealer- no more.

Latest posts