looking for non-mac blush suggestions

orodwen

i can't remember if i found this picture on the mac LJ community or if it was from a hair site but i love this look. i have everything to do the eyes & lips but i'm kinda lost on the cheeks. care to help out?
0hippo0041paint.jpg

also, if you know who this is please let me know so i can give credit. thanks!
greengrin.gif

mspixieears

It's so subtle it's really quite hard to tell. Are you familiar with any Nars blushes? It looks like there'd be one that would match the colour on the model's cheeks.

I'm tempted to say Nars Outlaw dusted lightly could work, but it's pretty pigmented (all the Nars bl I have are).

orodwen

ya, that's my thoughts. it's pretty subtle. most of my subtle blushes are shimmery or glowy & i'm not sure if this is. that said, nars blushes are pretty darned unwieldy on my PPP skin, even w/ a skunk brush.
smiles.gif
thanks for the suggestion.

also, for those reading, i'll entertain drugstore as well as mid-to-high end...i'm not a snob. thanks!

Isis

NARS Angelika would be a good one as would Chanel's Be-Bop blush. I'm very pale myself and use both of those without issue.

orodwen

i have a hard time w/ all nars (either look poopy on me or are difficult to control) so i'll check out be-bop. thanks!
smiles.gif

btw, here's a pic of me w/ no mu (nothing, nada, zip, zilch w/ dried out lips to boot) so you can see how my peachy-pink cheeks & pale skin (high colour PPP if that makes sense to you
winks.gif
) can interfere easily w/ colours. i end up having muddy or feverish cheeks w/ a lot of colours:
436435.jpeg

mspixieears

Whoa! I thought my ex was pale! True Viking complexion you're sporting! So even the lightest of Nars blushes are not so crash hot on you? Orgasm would never show up on me, I can tell by looking at it, and I'm fairly sure there are others like it.

I'm pretty in love with creme blushes, and just browsing online - what about Becca creme blush? Not affiliated, just trying to help:

http://www.beccacosmetics.com/shop/d...=4&ProductID=7

But I'll stand by Nars Outlaw, one could try applying it with a fan duster brush. Weird, but it does apply gently, even more so than the stippling.

user3

Check out Covergirl classic blush. I know they have a color just like that but I don't recall the name.

inlucesco

I love love love my tarte cheek stain, and my skin tone is nearly as pale as yours. I have Flush but I think Blushing Bride is more the color you're looking for.

orodwen

mspixieears: ya, i'm one of those neutralish, high colour PPPs ya hear about. not ivory white, not blue white & not chelsea white.
poke.gif
orgasm looks like pudu on me because my cheeks are the base colour, more or less, so all you see is goldish shimmery crap. not a good look.
icon_eek.gif
still sticking to outlaw, eh? i'll write it down then.
winks.gif

nessa: thanks. it's nice to get a d/s recommendation. the only problem i have w/ a lot of blushes is that it feels like they're shriveling up my skin. i don't know if it's a reaction or if it's just from my lizard-like dry skin. the problem seems to be worse w/ a lot of d/s blushes but i'll write this one down too. if you remember the name of the colour please lmk, k?
smiles.gif

inlucesco: thank you. i've been eyeballing dollface because i think it'd work w/ my colouring & have avoided the other colours due to reviews over on mua. most gals want flushed looks. i get that all that time & it's not the look i'm after. kwim?
winks.gif
on a tangent, i've been looking at jelly pong blushes over on drugstore.com but it's not a match to the pic above. have you taken a gander at those yet?

anyway, thanks again everyone.
greengrin.gif

mskttn

Try Luminous by Milani if you're looking for a drugstore brand. Seems to work well for most people.

orodwen

mskttn: thanks! that & orgasm look pike pudu on me but i appreciate the feedback just the same.
smiles.gif

karen: thank you. i'll take a longer gander at it.
greengrin.gif

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by orodwen
i'll check out be-bop. thanks!
smiles.gif

I think the color would work out fantasic on you after seeing your pic. It's got a steep price tag @ $40, but I'm quite sure that you can find a great look alike at a cheeper cost
smiles.gif

midnightlouise

The first thing I saw when I looked at that pic was NARS Outlaw, so I'm with MsPixie on this one. It looks just like that on me...I'm NW15, PPP, whatever. Btw, you have the same coloring as my Mom and I've always liked it. Hard to match, though isn't it?And you're very pretty, even with no makeup!
smiles.gif

orodwen

isis: oh ya, it definitely isn't an inexpensive blush but it wouldn't hurt to swatch it at least so i can do some comps.
smiles.gif

midnightlouise: another vote for outlaw, eh?
winks.gif
i'll take a 2nd look at it but nars is not an easy line for me for some reason. thanks for chiming in & the sweet compliment.