Looking For San Diego Makeup Artist!!! Help!

stellarx1587

Can anybody in the San Diego region recommend a good wedding makeup artist? If you could let me know of any websites or contact info I would greatly appreciate it.

Or if you yourself is an artist and you'd like to extend your services that would be great as well!!! Please let me know what your rates are currently at and if you have any packages.

My Wedding date is 4/26/08... but since its a spring wedding... I know vendors book up fast... especially down here... so I wanna cover all bases early on to prevent any issues later down the road.

TIA!!!
smiles.gif

thelilprincess

ha - and i thought i was searching early. my wedding is 03/29/08 and always ask when i go to the MAC counters (i even talked to a Dior MA the other day).

bernadette is a MA at the Macy's MAC in Parkway Plaza (i think. i know it's not Grossmont) i have never met her in person, but she here's on the forum.

i found a girl at UTC Nordies' MAC that has done m/u for vietnamese weddings (i have a traditional tea ceremony and a catholic church ceremony plus the reception) so i need m/u that last all day. but she's getting married herself in a few days and moving up to OC.
weeping.gif
it's just a big plus when i find a MA who's done wedding m/u for tea ceremonies and on asian gals.

i've learned that if they tell you that you have to come into the store to get you m/u done that day - then they're probably not experienced with doing a lot of weddings since they don't have their own kits. I'm trying to narrow down the MAs i like...some offered to show me portfolios via email of weddings they've done. when i narrowed them down to maybe 2-3, then probably get the trial run m/u done to see if i'm truly happy with it.

i also mention to them that i have to have them come to my home to do the m/u early in the morning before the tea ceremony - plus i have 4 bridesmaids. they all give me quotes, as well as discounts or throw in that they'll do the m/u for the moms for free.

i know i haven't given you a lot of MA's names.....but i think you have to see the MA's work. when i'm looking at lippies or mascaras and an MA helps me, i ask if they also do weddings and take it from there. get a card and will touch base later.

good luck with your wedding planning! (my bridesmaid just dragged me to cake tasting because her lil' sis is getting married 2 months before me and she's planning her sis' wedding......i want a fun party, but boy do i hate planning it.)

stellarx1587

Thanks for the info!! I definitely need the artist to come to my hotel. I would not have time to drive back and forth like that. Plus I wouldnt want to run into anyone at my hotel as im trying to sneak back to my room.

Let me know who you end up going with!! Have you found any good photographers in SD?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is a tea ceremony? I haven't heard of that before. And where is your reception going to be at?

Sorry for the 20 ?'s! I'm just curious =)

thelilprincess

i went to the Bridal Bazaar back in January and took business cards of photographers. there were maybe 2-3 that we really liked what they had set up. honestly, i only have my church and reception booked. wedding planning is on hold until i am done with my board exams.

a tea ceremony is a traditional ceremony in vietnamese and chinese cultures. this is usually the wedding ceremony itself (but i'm catholic, so like other vietnamese catholics, i will have both ceremonies) basically this is where we serve both parents tea. parents gift the bride with jewelry. and of course, LOTS of FOOD. hehehe. i will wear a traditional vietnamse dress called an "ao dai" - similar to a mandarin style dress but the slits do all the way up to the hips - so we wear pants with our "ao dai"

anyhow, i got sooooo much crap, oh i mean business cards and fliers from the bridal bazaar - i've been meaning to organize it - photographers/videographers in one section, flowers in another, cake, etc. i didn't pick up any make-up artists card there - i didn't really like what i saw. so i rather shop around at the make-up counters. but again, planning is on hold til after my last board exam. i've been bad and surfing the net (esp. specktra) and shopping for make-up. hehehe. so that's why i've been talking to MAs about wedding gigs.

Bernadette

Thanks thelilprincess
smiles.gif
I am located at the MAC in Macy's Parkway Plaza which is in El Cajon. I however don't do freellance work but one of my good friends that I also work with at MAC does. Her name is Torrey Knight and she's awesome and has a ton of wedding experience. You can contact Torrey here http://www.myspace.com/makeupbytorrey
smiles.gif

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Thanks thelilprincess
smiles.gif
I am located at the MAC in Macy's Parkway Plaza which is in El Cajon. I however don't do freellance work but one of my good friends that I also work with at MAC does. Her name is Torrey Knight and she's awesome and has a ton of wedding experience. You can contact Torrey here http://www.myspace.com/makeupbytorrey
smiles.gif

Thank you so much! I'll check her out!

Latest posts