Looking for some feedback on my application situation.

hawaiian_mele

Hi guys, I hope you can offer me some peace of mind. I used the search but didn't find what I was looking for.

Here's the story: I was encouraged by a few of the MA's at my MAC to apply for a position. I had spoken to the assistant manager briefly and she let me know that they were hiring and had asked me what kind of position I was looking for (i.e. full/part time). I told her at the time I wasn't sure at that exact moment because I was still sort of in shock over being asked to apply. Anyway, I left with an application and brought it back a few days later with my resume, cover letter and application in a folder. One of my favorite MA's took it and left a note for her manager on it. She said she was going to be putting in a good word for me. Anyway, it's been about three or four weeks since I applied and I haven't heard anything. A friend of mine recently visited MAC and ran into my MA and asked if anyone had called me yet. She said no but that a lot of the other MAs had also put in a good word for me. That's the last thing I've heard.

My question is how long should I wait before following up? And would it be better for me to call for a follow up or should I go in looking the part to follow up in person? Also, am I overreacting to not getting a call yet? I had been told that they were hiring and I've been told that a lot of the MAs had been saying good things about me, so what do you think?
th_confused_new.gif

I really value your opinions and I'm looking forward to some feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and hopefully answering my questions!
smiles.gif

erine1881

i would go in dressed in black, with fierce makeup, and speak to the manager in person. just tell her you were checking up on your application and was wondering if they were still hiring. tell her you would love to work at the counter and don't want to miss the opportunity to do so. that's pretty much all you can do.

good luck!

COBI

In general, in my day job (I am not a MAC manager), it is not unreasonable for someone to follow-up and check that I received their application within a week or so of applying.

The only thing that is annoying is someone who calls every day or two to check on the status. Although the position may be the only thing on an applicant's mind, it is generally a more back-burner issue for me compared to my daily work. There's a fine line sometimes between showing interest and wearing it thin.

So follow up and Good luck!

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i would go in dressed in black, with fierce makeup, and speak to the manager in person. just tell her you were checking up on your application and was wondering if they were still hiring. tell her you would love to work at the counter and don't want to miss the opportunity to do so. that's pretty much all you can do.

good luck!

Totally agree. I think you need to follow up asap.

Latest posts