Looking for that perfect hot pink nail polish

OldSoulsBody

Hey all! I've been on this hot pink kick lately. I'm on a mission to find the perfect hot pink nail polish shade. I really like Vesuvian and Gee Whiz but was wondering if, before I shell out the $10, Essie or OPI might something comparable.

MissKaylee*

MAC has the BEST hot pink nail polish EVER ! I was in the same boat as you. I forget what it's called though... It's the only hot pink one though...

user3

Maybelline Wet Shine in Pink Crush
Also check Maybelline Colorama line
Maybelline express in pink shock (one of my faves!)
Maybelline express On Fire (super hot pink! another fave!)
Maybelline forever strong in Power Punch (ultra bright hot pink!)

Just in general check the drugstores. There is this line called Whimsical that carries ultra wild colors. It's a drugstore nail polish line.

user2

Oooh I loooove OPIs Flashbulb Fuchsia! I love it so much I painted my cell phone with it!

CIMG2786.JPG

CIMG2785.JPG

It looks much more vibrant in real life!!!

OldSoulsBody

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Oooh I loooove OPIs Flashbulb Fuchsia! I love it so much I painted my cell phone with it!

CIMG2786.JPG

CIMG2785.JPG

OMG thats so awesome!

libra14

VV! How did you do that!
*jealous of Linda's cool phone*

also, La Pazitvely Hot is my favorite hot pink as well.

user2

Ha thanks!

Thank God my W550i has changeable covers and there was a second set of covers in the package so I painted it with three coats of nail polish and two coats of top coat!

kimmy

if you want a really hot pink, i'd suggest bonne belle mega melon with a coat of wet n wild 441A over it
smiles.gif
they'll be really vibrant and pearly. sooo pretty!!

afterglow

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim

CIMG2786.JPG

CIMG2785.JPG

That looks SO GOOD! Now I want to do my cell phone! How did you manage to do the entire phone without getting streak marks? I'm assuming you used a different brush? And did you need a full bottle? TIA!

asnbrb

actually, I found a nail polish by Rimmel that is the EXACT SAME SHADE as Girl About Town l/s or Pink Poodle l/g. This is hot hot obnoxious pink-- I warn you now. My mom took one look and laughed her ass off. My boyfriend took one look and rolled his eyes. I was wearing the nail polish when I got Girl About Town and that's why the MA recommended it to me. I also have Pompeii Purple by OPI (don't know why it's "purple", but that's what it says on the bottom of the bottle), and it's just as bright, but blue tinged.

asnbrb

btw, VV-- I want your phone!! I was staring at it at the Cingular store, but my contract doesn't end til September!!

LatinaRose

Have you checked out the new Mexico collection by OPI? I saw the ad in one of my many magazines and they have lots of pretty pinks.