Looking for the "staples"

hello_kitty

I'm heading to MAC this Thursday to pick up roughly 4 more e/s for my collection. As I read FOTDs and other threads on here, I get the feeling like I am missing a lot of the "staples" that people have, and would like to pick some up!

Now, I would list what I have, but I have 91 MAC e/s already
shockt.gif
So that'd be quite the list... some may wonder why I need more... well, I tend to have the "oooo, so bright and pretty!" problem, especially at CCOs, so I have a lot of individual things that are missing things to go with them.

What I am considering:

1. Satin Taupe - *this is a definite
2. Naked Lunch
3. Vanilla
4. Expensive Pink

Good or bad? And other suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance for any responses!
th_DANCE.gif

nettiepoo

I have satin taupe just got it saturday along with all that glitters, shroom, twinks I believe they r great shades that eveyone needs.....esp. satin taupe that color is abs. GOrgeous..good luck as I willb traveling 2 my local mac store this weekend....AGAin.lol

mac_addict.gif

Simply Elegant

Do you mean eyeshadows or any product?

It would depend on your skintone and what you prefer but I think these are staples.
-blacktrack
-warm and cool highlight eyeshadow
-carbon
-lid shade with sheen
-nude lipstick and gloss
-red lipstick and gloss
-blot powder

hello_kitty

I was meaning eyeshadows, sorry! I should've worded my title differently
ssad.gif

All that Glitters is something I'll check out, I've heard that name a lot *adds to list*

I have Shroom and Blacktrack already luckily.

Am I weird for being scared of Carbon?
ssad.gif

Simply Elegant

You just need the right brush to apply and it's easy. I use a small flat blending brush for the outer v for carbon for more of a subtle look.

gildedangel

Don't be afraid of carbon, it is easy to tone down! I think that you have gret choices, do you have espresso or woodwinked, those are great too!

Mabelle

def. get vanilla. i have been wearing it everyday for the last two weeks alone. its so so gorgeous.
the es and the pigment are both musts!
Carbon is another basic imo. dont be scared of it!
I dont know if you have sketch, but its a must have.
Woodwinked and bronze and my fav. browns.

hello_kitty

I saw the video on the main page of Satin Taupe and Carbon together, and it looked awesome, so I'm thinking I'll get Carbon
smiles.gif
I mean, I DO have black eyeshadows, but they usually have sparkles in them or are kinda muted.

Caderas

i agree with your decision on Satin Taupe! Vanilla is also pretty nice. i got it recently for my kit and it's a beautiful neutral highlight. Carbon has completely stole my heart! i don't think i could ever turn back to any other blacks again!

my true suggestion also for something fun and gorgeous is Plumage! such a gorgeous dark teal and very versatile!

ForgetRegret

I don't think any of us here would wonder why you need more shadows, honey...I've got 5 15 palettes full, and 5 quads...and still have loose pots of shadow rolling around my train case. Anyway, here are some of my staples (starting with some of the LE stuff...grab em while you can, or you'll kick yourself.); Smoke and Diamonds (LOVE), Fashion...this one says it's light grey green, but on me it's more of a greyish blue with flecks of pink and gold...it's SUPER versatile, and I think it's totally underrated. Passionate, Arena (amazing for a neutral, almost naked eye), Goldmine, Omega (also amazing for naked eyes), Espresso (my go-to crease color for neutral eyes), Fig 1, Cranberry, Shale (I'm in LOVE with this), Brun (this is my brow color), Carbon, and Beauty Marked.
A LOT of people hate Beauty Marked...but for me, I find it to be my favorite liner in my train case. You can use it wet for a really defined look (this brings out the sparkle in it), or dry for an uber sexy smudgy look that's less harsh than black.
Oh, and I totally second the ideas for the shadows you intend to get...Vanilla shadow is my favorite ever...I'd die without it.
greengrin.gif

hello_kitty

I have Beauty Marked and like it as well! I always used it for smokey eyes back in the day when I first started to get into makeup. I've been meaning to try it over Flammable, but keeping forgetting to try out that combo. I never really minded that it doesn't look like how it does in the pan.

Luckily, I have most that you listed out, so I have some good selections already it seems
smiles.gif

Vanilla and Carbon keep coming up, so those are probably definites. *sigh* I think Ima end up with more than 4 shadows at the store
greengrin.gif

ForgetRegret

^^ Yes, you definitely NEED vanilla and carbon...I don't know how you've gone through life without them. LOL j/k...but you still need em.
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

Vanilla is a must have! It's the only e/s I use every single day... it's the perfect highlight for any look I do, but it also makes an awesome lid color!

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
^^ Yes, you definitely NEED vanilla and carbon...I don't know how you've gone through life without them. LOL j/k...but you still need em.
smiles.gif

Haha, yeah.. I guess I just have enough other dark colors to smoke out a look. I really like to use Typographic and Plumage for a smokey look.

All hail Carbon though!
th_worship.gif

greengrin.gif

ForgetRegret

^^ Hey wait, you're from Jersey too? Yay!!!! I'm moving back at the end of January...can't wait!
Oh, and I thought I had enough to smoke out my eyes too...and then I finally picked up Carbon and went "WTF have I been doing?? Why did I not buy this sooner?? I'm an idiot!!" LOL

Latest posts