Looking for this color polish, but different brand!

Char1986

Hi all, I hope some of you can help me with this one!

My absolute favorite nail color is Revlon's Blackberry...unfortunately, the polish bubbles a LOT, no matter how thin a coat I do. I'm hoping to find a similar/exact color, but in a better brand. OPI is supposed to be good, right?

Anyway, here's some polish pictures:

polish.jpg

polishswatch.jpg

The index card swatch is a better indication of the actual color - it's right on.

Any ideas on good brands with a matching color, and what that color's name is? Thank you all SO much!

cindysilver4

If you really want an OPI dupe for that color, I'd try looking around at the OPI website. They have a great "try it on" studio that has all the colors, and whether they have shimmer, matte, duo-tone, etc. finishes. It's very helpful. I played around with it and saw that perhaps OPI's Redipus-Oedipus or So-ho nice to meet you.... they are reds with some shimmer. Then look at drugstore.com or at your local beauty supply store for the color
smiles.gif

I hope this helps!!

BlahWah

Hrm, I can't suggest another colour, but perhaps you could try leaving more time between coats? I heard that could help eliminate bubbles too. Just in case it saves you from having to hunt down another colour!

Char1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Hrm, I can't suggest another colour, but perhaps you could try leaving more time between coats? I heard that could help eliminate bubbles too. Just in case it saves you from having to hunt down another colour!

I've tried it
ssad.gif
This last time I waited 1/2 hour between coats, still no luck. It's weird, I have other Revlon ones and don't have the same issue with them! :confused:

Corvs Queen

Do you shake the bottle before applying the color? If so then this could be your problem. Instead, to mix the color try rubbing/rolling the bottle between your hands. Think rubbing your hands together to get warm. Hope that helps and as far as color goes, Mary Kay has a color similar to that in it's holdiday collection.

Char1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Going by the card, check out OPI Bogota Blackberry.

Ooh, I just looked it up on eBay. It does look a lot like it! That might just do it...thank you!!