Looking Older

x3_kimchee

Hey you guys, I wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions on how to use makeup to make me look more mature, errr a little older. Now BEFORE y'all start the "enjoy your youth" & "keep yourself looking young" etc etc please let me explain. I am 18 years old and my boyfriend is several years older than me. I know that he feels somewhat uncomfortable with me looking young while we are out. Now let me clarify, HE has no problem with going out in public with me and has never mentioned it to me. He cares a lot no matter how old i am, BUT i wanna help out a little, just to ease any anxieties he may have. I'm not looking for relationship advice, just makeup ideas: contouring? mattes? idk...

Im sure there are some of you out there who know how I feel.
smiles.gif

So heres a picture of me with makeup on, please let me know if you guys have any suggestions!!!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/edit1-16.jpg

kariii

if it helps, you don't really look 18.. but what I would suggest is.. the older you are the more muted colors you wear. I'd stick with beiges and neutral browns with eyeliner and some lipstick color.

L1LMAMAJ

when i wear deeper lip colors like MAC most popular or something similar to a deep cranberry color, it makes me look older. it makes me look more sophisticated. also, to look older, wear more neutral shades because "fun," colorful colors are more youthful.

haha i'm opposite of you. my bf is a year older than me but he looks like he's 2-3 years younger so i try to look younger but i really love my colorful eyeshadows! i still do it anyway. what the hell!

another thing is that if you want to look older, it also has a lot to do with how you dress! if you dress young, you appear younger.
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

Another thing that helps, go easy on shimmer and glitter...there's nothing wrong with having a little bit of shine and glow, but you don't wanna look like a disco ball.
greengrin.gif

nichollecaren

you are gorgeous!!!

Your makeup doesnt look young to me...I would play with hairstyles and clothes to seem older. Demeanor has a lot to do with how people perceive your age
smiles.gif

I would advise that you stay away from tshirts, tank tops and sneakers. Choose more refined fabrics, dark wash jeans and cutesy shoes. Mature ladies also pay extra attention to nails, so keep them polished in muted colors
smiles.gif

Latest posts