Looks like i have to stop using Mac...

Absynthe

I'm allergic to the fluidlines and now it looks like i am to the eyeshadows/paints as well! They make my eyes sore,itchy and burn.
ssad.gif

Summer

wow, sorry to hear that. Maybe you should try mineral makeup, it might be better for you.

ShadowyLady

What shades have you tried? If they're red/purple/pink shades, you could be allergic to the red pigments/dyes used in those colors. Red #45 gives a lot of people trouble.

jpohrer

Have you been to the eye doctor? I have very dry eyes this time of year. My MAC shadows were starting to bother me because my eyes are in overdrive right now. My doctor has me using Refresh eye drops four times a day, along with an allergy eye drop. It really helps!

AlliSwan

I need to go see my derm for this same reason. I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE MAC's paints (honestly, I could just wear Untitled and some mascara and leave the house) but they're been SO drying/harsh lately that I've had to completely give them up.

Absynthe

Yes i have been to see the Dr, he was the one who told me to stop using them.I've tried stopping and going back to them but the allergies keep coming back.

Natalie_Necro

The same thing happened to me. I finally realized that it was the metallic paints that were doing it. For some reason I can wear Untitled paint, but not Chartru. Once I stopped using the paints, I could wear the eyeshadows without problem. Sometimes the more metallic-y e/s will make my eyes water a bit though. <3

joytheobscure

I'm sorry- I tend to be allergic to black colored products... whether it be mascara or liner. Most mascara's make my eyelids swell and itch. I've just discovered I'm allergic to covergirl lash exact. I hope you aren't allergic to ALL mac
ssad.gif

Renee

Sometimes I have a reaction to my shadows. At night after cleansing my face and moisturizer, I put a dab of hydrocortizone cream and Neosporin ointment on my eyelids. I know it sounds weird, but it has worked for a long time. Don't know if it's proper but it works!

Absynthe

I tried to keep using the shadows,paints etc and ignore the itching,burning etc but like my Dr says its not worth it.I'm still using Mac blushes and lipglosses,they seem fine,its just the eye products i can't use.Right now i'm not using anything on my eyes at all.The Dr gave me cream and antihistamines to help.I've already started swapping away my shadows, some have only been used once!!
ssad.gif