loose or pressed powder?

milika

hi, recently i was trying to get new makeup and i was reading the differences about loose and pressed powder and i couldnt decide which one i want, so i would like to know what you think? and which one you think i should buy? also i would like to know your favorite brands because is good to try new things :)
ah, i have combination skin, oily in the t-zone.
thank you
:)

shellygrrl

Staff member
There is virtually no difference between loose and pressed powders. Pressed powders are just more travel-friendly. I also have combination/oily skin (oily t-zone, normal elsewhere); I like NYC's powders (loose and pressed). I've also read good things about NARS' loose powders, as well as Chanel's.

milika

I also have combination/oily skin (oily t-zone, normal elsewhere); I like NYC's powders (loose and pressed). I've also read good things about NARS' loose powders, as well as Chanel's.
i have never tried any of these brands but i can go check the colors and see if i can find a perfect match for my skin tone. i don't usually buy drugstore brands but only because i don't know if the colors will match my skin tone but i can look at it and try my best to get the closet one :D
thanks for your help:)

Mac-Guy

With loose powder, you get more bang for your bucks. Pressed powder is more convenient when you travel. I prefer the finish of loose powder though.