Loose Powder Recommendation?

Poison_Girl

Heya, I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and am just using a rubbish Rimmel powder over it, but have noticed recently it is looking cakey and not really doing its job of setting my makeup properly! Any reccomendations would be great
greengrin.gif
I am NW15. Also any brush recommendations for loose powder would be appreciated, am a bit of a make up noob hahaha

ladyJ

You should try the new MAC transparent powder from colour ready! It works really well. I've also heard great things about the MUFE transparent powder. I LOVE to use the 136 brush for powder but it has been discontinued. I would also try using the 134 or 150 brush.

alka1

The new Prep+Prime powder by MAC sounds really good. haven't tried it but it should fit your needs quite well. MUFE HD is quite popular - it's very finely-milled silica powder.

my personal favorite is the loose powder by NARS. It's soft, silky, and also very finely-milled. you get a huge amount of product so it's worth the price. never looks caky on me
smiles.gif

for loose powder I like to use my 182 kabuki.. brushes 134/150 are also good, but I feel the kabuki gives me better control over where I place the powder.

freaksinunif0rm

My favorite is Coty's Airspun (in the cute vintage tub).
Cheap and lasts ages!
I've had mine for years and I still have tons.

I don't know if you can still find it, but if you can, get the unscented version.
I use the translucent one.

xKiKix

i second to the transparent powder, seriously ever since i started using it to set my foundation my friends have noticed that i have really nice and flawless skin. and the powder is SUPER good because it has no color so its practically usable on ANY skin color.

i just use my 129SH or 129 to apply but i think a 182 will be better since it can use it to buff the powder on top of your foundation. hth

MzzRach

My two favourite loose powders are Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil and Make Up For Ever Super Matt. Both are very finely milled and control oil wonderfully.

Milkshake

I just bought translucent Airspun face powder because I wanted to use it underneath my eyes while doing my eye makeup to catch fall out- but now I'm wondering if I should also use it to, "set" my look- I've never done this.. my skin is dry so I'm afraid I'll start to peel like a snake.
ssad.gif

ginger9

I've heard great things about Mac blot I have yet to try it but I want to. I am using an elizabeth arden loose powder...I think its call translucent powder...and its really nice. Finely milled with a subtle sheen/shimmer which give your skin a nice glow. I'll check the full name when I get home.

Sashan

I love the MAC Prep and Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. I use it daily over my mineral foundation and when I go out over my liquid foundation. It sets everything beautifully and is definitely not cakey. I apply it with the 187.

joey444

I absolutely love MUFE Super Matte Powder. Since I've been using it, I apply my makeup in the morning and I'm not kidding, I don't have to touch up at all during the day. Amazing stuff.....

MAChostage

RESURRECTING this thread because I just found out that MAC has apparently discontinued all of its loose setting powders (loose blot was my fave). Anyone care to chime in about which loose setting powder(s) they like? I much prefer to dust my face with a loose setting powder when I complete my make up application and then to touch up with a pressed powder from a compact as needed during the day.

Dominique33

Definitely Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre or Nars loose powder. Both are very good. ( I own 2 regular Poudres Universelles Libres Pêche clair, Rose clair and the Nars one in Eden. I also love Estée Lauder Aeromatte which is a good powder too ( finely milled ).

tirurit

I feel your pain! Just recently I finished my blot powder loose and when I went to the store to buy a replacement, surprise! It's discontinued! So I grabbed the Select sheer and the blot pressed :/ I also use the Mineral Skinfinish Natural for setting and subtly contouring

I will appreciate any and all ideas!

Latest posts