loose powder.

tannny

hey guys i just bought a loose powder to go over my nc25 foundation. the mac sales lady recommended a shade darker for the powder which is nc30. i noticed that after a while it makes my skin seem darker and greasy...i dont know if this is just my imagination but do you think she was right about having a darker powder??

user3

For some reason they always want to give me a darker powder too. the SA told me it's because typically foundations turn lighter after a few hours of wearing it. I don't really have that problem mine usually either stays the same or goes a bit darker. So the darker powder just makes things worse. I alway insist on the exact match even if that means buying 2 powders.
If it is not working out I would take it back and get the right color.

tannny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
For some reason they always want to give me a darker powder too. the SA told me it's because typically foundations turn lighter after a few hours of wearing it. I don't really have that problem mine usually either stays the same or goes a bit darker. So the darker powder just makes things worse. I alway insist on the exact match even if that means buying 2 powders.
If it is not working out I would take it back and get the right color.

Yeah it's odd. They always insist on a darker color. If anything my foundation gets darker after a few hours as well. Well I'd take it back but I don't think I can because I have already used it and removed the seal that is over the holes. :confused:

lovejam

Yeah, they tried to sell me a darker powder, saying "it'll warm up your skin a little more." I said thanks just the same, and chose the NW20. I didn't want a darker powder. I'm glad I didn't listen, because I think this powder I got turns a tiny bit darker as the day goes on. I think if it had been any darker to begin with, it would have been a problem for me.