Loreal H i P

metalkitty

While the hip eyeshadows are pretty pigmented they have a weird, hardish vinyl like texture and they act funny if you use them wet. So I don't think their as nice as MAC although the colors may be worth it.

Dreamergirl3

omg ITA that the foundations are WAAAAY yellow and dark! even after blending, it just was too yellow. I look like I had botched up using some self tanner...badly! BUT the h i p shadows are beautiful! Honestly, they're not really intensely pigmented when compared to MAC or other dept. store brands because they're higher quality, but they are when co mpared to other drugstore e/s. I would say theyre not as blendable as MAC or others, but honestly, to get near dept. store quality at a drugstore price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT! I would tell anyone just to try them out...but leave the foundations alone unless you have naturally yellow yellow or dark dark skin. HTH!

Alexa

*dances* WOOHOO!!! my target had the line! i was only able to pick up the shadow duo in Spirited. i really love ALL of the other duo's as well.

the foundation, as mentioned before, is horrible..shade wise. all of the foundations are far too yellow and dark..but i dont care since i've become addicted to my revlon colorstay :p. i reallllllly want to try out the lipglosses & highlighters!

xiahe

they finally have them @ target! i saw the purple one and i fell in love, but i didn't buy it cause i didn't have any cash on me =\

Jude

I saw them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I picked one up, checked it out and put it back. Now I kinda want to kick myself for doing so. :/

MACGoddess

I just saw this line at Wal Mart (but not in the L'oreal section, it was on the aisle end) and bought three of the e/s duos. I used Sassy in a FOTD yesterday and I LOVE this e/s! The color is very pigmented and texture is amazing!

user3

I just bought one at Target I will post pics of it soon. I got to test all of the colors.
I was not that impressed. They also had lipstick, lipgloss and blush. Some foundation and powder too.
I didn't get to test the blush, lipstick or lipgloss. The colors I wanted in the lipgloss were all gone.
I found it at Target.

lovejam

Got the Sassy duo at Target. It's alright, but NYX is a better cheap e/s.

Still, the colors are nice. I liked the blue shade, and usually blue e/s looks kinda wrong on me. I guess this blue is darker, so it's easier for me to pull off.

Jude

I used Spirited today. I loved the color of the lighter Blue because it looks like Tilt but smokier. However, the pigmentation is not so hot. It took A LOT of work to make these show up and when i tried to blend the colors, they sort of smooshed togather. All in all, I made them work thanks to my all-over-shader and sponge tip apps but dayum... it wasnt easy.

Eye<3Colour

i will admit some are not as nice. pretty color, but for some reason not as pigmented as the others.
smiles.gif
i still love my saucy and sassy duos.
smiles.gif

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
i will admit some are not as nice. pretty color, but for some reason not as pigmented as the others.
smiles.gif
i still love my saucy and sassy duos.
smiles.gif

I used Saucy today and this one is a little love bomb. So much better than Spirited.

The H I P lipglosses are fabulous, by the way. Must get more.

DaisyDee

I bought the e/s duo in Playful tonight. The lighter color I LOVE...it reminds me of what MAC Paradisco and Mythology would look like mixed together. The darker color I am not so sure about yet. It's very dark and difficult to blend...

Jennifer Mcfly

I saw this line at Walgreen's today but didn't buy anything...I wasn't really blown away by anything. I did buy the nicest peach blush from another line they have out...I forgot the name...oops.

sigwing

I used "Dynamic" today that has a dark greenish color & just loved it. It is paired with a gold, so now I'm wondering how far off they will be from the green & gold colors in the MAC Catherine Thunder quad I've ordered, & I'm sure they'll at least blend with them. It's a wonderful liner color for me. I might have to go check out the other colors in this line, I just got Dynamic and Foxy.

cardiacx

I have Spirited and Playful, but I don't like them as much as I though I would. The only way I can really get the color is by using the sponge applicator. I'd like to get cheeky and charisma though.

maandusa

i read an article on Women's Wear Daily a few days ago about this line. in the article, it was specifically stated that the HIP line is being targeted at high-end cosmetic users who are tired of paying the high-prices, many of whom are MAC users because MAC offers high-quality products at competitive prices (when comared to other department store brands). that's smart, but many MAC users (myself included) also like that MAC is a cruelty-free brand, and L'Oreal is not.

kimmy

i saw these at the target in anaheim...sadly, haven't seen them at the targets near me
ssad.gif
i think next time i go to chain, i'm gonna have to take a sidetrip and pick some up
smiles.gif

Latest posts