Loreal H i P

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
FYI.....Scarlett Johanssen is the new face of the Loreal H I P line.

I heard this too! And H I P stands for High Intensity Pigments.. I hope they work well.

Cassalou

Hmmm these sound worth checking out!
smiles.gif

Unfortunately I'm in Australia, so they probably won't be available for aaaages!
weeping.gif

MAC_addict_77

I have been checking out this line and must say that I am not impressed at all. All the shadows are super dark. I think I will pass on this until I see a hot FOTD and they are wearing HIP LOL

krazysexxykool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
omg ITA that the foundations are WAAAAY yellow and dark! even after blending, it just was too yellow. I look like I had botched up using some self tanner...badly! BUT the h i p shadows are beautiful! Honestly, they're not really intensely pigmented when compared to MAC or other dept. store brands because they're higher quality, but they are when co mpared to other drugstore e/s. I would say theyre not as blendable as MAC or others, but honestly, to get near dept. store quality at a drugstore price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT! I would tell anyone just to try them out...but leave the foundations alone unless you have naturally yellow yellow or dark dark skin. HTH!

I read that HIP is being marketed toward woman of color, maybe that is why the foundations are very yellow based.

mandirigma

i got the duo in Charisma a couple of weeks ago at target. in the pot, it looks like thunder and sketch from the thunder quad, but the light color takes a billion and one applications for it to actually show up. the packaging is also really strange, like the true match compacts where the mirror is on the bottom? i don't know, i don't think i'd buy any more of these.

Janelleleo

I love Scarlett Johansson but I'm really not feeling her makeup in the HIP commercials. I enjoy bold color but somehow it doesn't really flatter her. Same with Beyonce and some of the other models they use in the commercials.

I do want to like these products though, its been a long while since anything in the drug store has excited me.

Rowan

I like the lipsticks & glosses. I bought a couple of the eyeshadow duos, but did not like them. They didn't blend as well as I had hoped. Milani still is #1, as far as I am concerned, for drugstore eyeshadow. Not all of them are great, but most of them blend and wear well. Love the colors, too.

IslandGirl77

I got Cheeky the other day. I had a hard time blending them. I had to used them each seperate with other colors. Cuz I think together they did not look good on me. I'd say their ok.

noteventherain

lmao- anyone else think it's ironic that it's being geared towards women of colour yet the spokesperson is Scarlett Johanson? Don't get my wrong. . .I LOVE LOVE LOVE Scarlett (in fact I hope she gets picked up by MAC)

Anyone know how the blushcremes are?

bellaetoile

i've seen these at target, ulta, and sav-on. i think my friend and i played with them for a full 20 minutes. i was impressed by the quality, for being a drugstore brand, and the price seemed okay too. i didn't actually buy them though, because the colors seemed like ones i had in either pigments or mac colors. but i am interested to know how other people like them. like, how long they hold up and stuff. i DON'T like how badly they ripped off macs logo-ing though. the HIP looks exactly like the MAC on the pots.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelleleo
I love Scarlett Johansson but I'm really not feeling her makeup in the HIP commercials. I enjoy bold color but somehow it doesn't really flatter her. Same with Beyonce and some of the other models they use in the commercials.

I do want to like these products though, its been a long while since anything in the drug store has excited me.

The makeup in the commercials is horrible. Just horrible.

I bought Sassy and really like it. I especially like the brown color. It reminds me of Satin Taupe.

Luna Selene

I know I'm really late on this thread, but I managed to pick up HIPs Cheeky shadow duo and Enchanting Lipgloss. I'm really fond of them both! Cheeky shows up very nicely against my skin. I've also wanted a really nice dark red gloss for awhile, and Enchanting was exactly what I was looking for. I'm really happy with it! I'd like to give some of the other shades a try soon.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Was it the purple with the gold ( duo ) .. I have that one and I loveeeeeeee it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
they finally have them @ target! i saw the purple one and i fell in love, but i didn't buy it cause i didn't have any cash on me =\

astronaut

I tried the loreal hip eyeshadows at the store and was rather impressed with the quality when swiped on my hand. I bought 2 (buy one get one free) but when I opened one of the pots, the smell was so horrendous (sp??) that I had to return both of them. The smell really bothered me and I would describe it like a elmers glue smell or something like that. Yuck.

Latest posts