Loreal H i P

HOTasFCUK

Anyone know if and when this will come to Canada? I went to Buffalo in August and now i'm kicking myself so bad for not picking up this stuff!

Andrya

Swatches!

I got to come home early from work today, so I cleaned the house!
...Er -- did some swatches!
Taken in natural sunlight on NW15 skin, applied dry & wet.

HIPCharismacopy.jpg
HIPCharisma_2copy.jpg

HIPFlamboyantcopy.jpg
HIPFlamboyant_2copy.jpg

HIPDynamiccopy.jpg
HIPDynamic_2copy.jpg

HIPSaucycopy.jpg
HIPSaucy_2copy.jpg

HIPLivelycopy.jpg
HIPLively_2copy.jpg

HIPShowycopy.jpg
HIPShowy_2copy.jpg

HIPValiant_1copy.jpg
HIPValiant_2copy.jpg

HIPIntrepid_1copy.jpg
HIPIntrepid_2copy.jpg

They are quite bright and they do stay on really well. I was pleasantly surprised. The mattes are trickier to work with and don't blend very well...they don't look bold unless you apply them wet, and then they're difficult to work with -- the more shimmery shades are absolutely wonderful! Overall, I like them a lot.

Lively pretty much rules -- it's probably my favorite. Showy is gorgeous, and the yellow in Flamboyant is great. The lighter shade in Saucy is slightly more orange than the photo shows. I love how the deep purple in Charisma looks on the pot, but it looks so muddy on me! I haven't really had a chance to try the pigments out yet...I'll probably play around with that today. Valiant is really really pretty (I LOVE purples). (Could anybody compare Valiant to a MAC pigment? Is it comparable to Violet?) Intrepid ended up looking different than I thought it would...it's got a green sheen to it that the photo didn't pick up too well. I'm anxious to play with it.

As far as other HIP products go...I got a coupon for a free full-sized Flawless Liquid Makeup. Picked out the lightest shade they had and it was way, way too dark and awfully orangey-yellow. Thought about keeping it to use as a base or something but ended up giving it away. Meh.

Well, hope that helps!

Sonya Adams

Here's a MAC/HIP comparison that's xposted in Swatches, too... The first photo is natural indirect light, the second is natural direct light.

I've got several of the duos that haven't been posted, also... I'll swatch them later tonight or tomorrow and post them.

MAC Tan
HIP Tenacious

tancomparison-natural.jpg

tancomparison-naturalsunlight.jpg

Sonya Adams

Here's another with some of my others swatched for you... the lower portion (about 1/2 inch, where the colors are more vibrant) is over a shadestick-wannabe (some no name brand pink base)... the upper portion is once back and forth over nothing.

hipswatches.jpg

pumpkincat210

Has anyone seen/tried the eye shadow base they came out with. I saw the display for it, but they were out.

I also got a new duo called Forgiving and a new pigment that is greenish from the line. Sadly all the stuff they come out with now is limited edition
ssad.gif

juwlz

A couple days ago Meijers was having a buy one get one free for HIP makeup. I bought two things, a lipstick called daring and pigment in tenacious which only cost me about $9. I was really impressed. I went back today to buy more and they were almost completely SOLD OUT!! people had totally bought everything. I ended up getting lipgloss called dreamer and pigment called rebel, eyeshadow duo called brazen and a mascara. LOVING it
smiles.gif

lipshock

I am really intrigued by these eyeshadows and want to try them out, so I am going to have to make a trip to my local Target to find them.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffy
I think I said this before..but Loreal HIP is copying Nars colour combinations
ssad.gif

I don't mean for this to sound rude but is that really a bad thing? Frankly, I don't think it is.

faifai

As lipshock said, I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to have similar color combinations as another company. It's not like one has a monopoly on the colors teal and cream in an eyeshadow package and nobody else is allowed to do their own interpretation of it. It's like a lot of the lines at Sally Beauty Supply having similar themes and products as specific higher end haircare brands.

Anyways. Today I got BOGO of Intrepid loose pigment and Tenacious. Intrepid is a gloriously smooth, very color saturated pigment that is a dead ringer for MAC Blue Brown (and now I am seriously kicking myself for buying that stupid Bare Escentuals Bon Bon eyeshadow that was kinda like Blue Brown but not that close and plus it goes everywhere when I try to apply, I should've gotten Sex Kitten. grrr. [/random digression]).

The Tenacious is a very shimmery/metallic tan-pink color. Very sexy with black liquid eyeliner and lots of long lashes, but not over the top or overtly saucy like the Intrepid would be.
smiles.gif
It is a bit more difficult to blend though, the texture is smooth but not as silky as the Intrepid.

Tomorrow I am going to go and pick up Flamboyant and Playful duos.

bsquared

I actually use L'oreal HIP eyeshadow along with my MAC eyeshadow. I will admit though that they are quite similar in pigment quality (i.e. they both show up great on my skin). It's a cheap alternative to MAC for me and it's always on some sort of sale. I'd say it's worth the price.

Sonya Adams

A friend of mine went out yesterday and bought all of the loose pigment colors that Walgreens had and so last night we played around with my MAC stuff to see which colors were dupes of which. We already knew that Tenacious looked just like Tan, but here's what we came up with for all of the colors:

HIP COLOR -vs- MAC
Tenacious ---------- MAC Tan Pigment
Restless ------------ MAC Vanilla & very similar to Pink Opal Pigment
Intrepid ------------ MAC Blue Brown Pigment
Fiery --------------- MAC Fuchsia Pigment
Valiant ------------- MAC Cornflower Pigment
Rebel -------------- MAC Chartreuse or Golder's Green (we couldn't decide, I said Chartreuse) Pigment

Although the texture is visibly chunkier, it does go on smooth, however, there's a lot more fallout because of the chunkier texture unless you pat it on the skin or base. With a base, there's not a lot of fallout at all if you're patting it on.

I hope this helps some people. For the price, it's actually about the same as MAC products per weight (it's packed in the containers pretty well), and it's more widely available than MAC is in some more rural areas.

I will take photos later and re-swatch them all for everyone (the lighting sucked last night).

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
A friend of mine went out yesterday and bought all of the loose pigment colors that Walgreens had and so last night we played around with my MAC stuff to see which colors were dupes of which. We already knew that Tenacious looked just like Tan, but here's what we came up with for all of the colors:

HIP COLOR -vs- MAC
Tenacious ---------- MAC Tan Pigment
Restless ------------ MAC Vanilla & very similar to Pink Opal Pigment
Intrepid ------------ MAC Blue Brown Pigment
Fiery --------------- MAC Fuchsia Pigment
Valiant ------------- MAC Cornflower Pigment
Rebel -------------- MAC Chartreuse or Golder's Green (we couldn't decide, I said Chartreuse) Pigment

Although the texture is visibly chunkier, it does go on smooth, however, there's a lot more fallout because of the chunkier texture unless you pat it on the skin or base. With a base, there's not a lot of fallout at all if you're patting it on.

I hope this helps some people. For the price, it's actually about the same as MAC products per weight (it's packed in the containers pretty well), and it's more widely available than MAC is in some more rural areas.

I will take photos later and re-swatch them all for everyone (the lighting sucked last night).

The green one(rebel) is almost just like Golden olive pigment.
Famous another that just came out is like a greener version of Steel Blue.

lipshock

Okay, seriously, after reading all the threads on this new line, I am definitely going to my Target this evening and seeing if I can find any. Especially, that Showy duo.

cherryice

Have any of you tried the eye shadow crayons? I got one from the HIP line and liked it, but the design of it was terrible. It had this plastic wrap around most of the crayon except for the very tip, and it wasn't perforated so you could remove it. I ended up returning it.

The interesting part of this is that I just got some Shu Uemura products from their site and ordered their crayon trio from the Filigree collection. I love the colors, but the packaging was the same as HIP! Turns out L'Oreal now owns Shu (probably old news to most, but new to me), so these crayons are exactly like the HIP ones, except in better colors.

I *did* figure out how to remove the plastic though - very carefully with an exacto blade. I was sweating bullets trying to do it! Seriously, I don't know why they didn't make these with a twist-up applicator. Would've been a lot easier to use.

missy29

Oh, i hope we get these in Australia soon. By the time they get here though, I will probably be over wearing makeup!!

Latest posts