L'Oreal Privee Collection

DeeDee2013

They're finally here in the states. The nail polishes made their earlier this month but I wanted the lippies. I stopped at my local Rite Aid and there they were in all their glory. Sigh! I bought two and plan on going back for Freida's Nude.

SloanePeterson

They look kind of different from picture to picture. In the first picture, the one by J Lo looks like a nude peach, but I don't see that color in the second picture.

Which ones did you pick up? I can't tell by the picture you posted. EDIT: I read the signatures and now I know, lol.

I hate to say it, but I might pick up the J Lo one, even though I'm not a fan. I would love to buy Doutzen's since I love her so much, but I don't like pale pinks.

SloanePeterson

I am really interested in these lipsticks so I did a little research to find swatches. I discovered that I would not, in fact, like J Lo's nude because it's too pink for me. however, I like Eva's nude.

Check out This Blog for swatches of the four colors (not mine). She's pretty pale, so I would suggest it mainly to pale girls for reference.

I plan on picking up Eva's nude and reviewing/swatching it on my blog sometime in the next week. I'll keep you girls up to date.

0.jpg

Here is my review on a few of these lipsticks!

I actually got to get freida nude, it actually looks nice on tan and deep skin. I really wanted the liya kebede nude but they were sold out! I actually did some swatches on my youtube page if anyone wants to see what they look like on NC-50 skintone :)

SloanePeterson

Man, I have looked EVERYWHERE for this collection. 3 CVS's, 2 Riteaids, 2 Walgreens, and 1 Ulta, and nothing. I really want Eva's l/s, personally and for review on my blog! WTH. Am i just too late?

Does anyone know when the collection hit stores? I think I heard it was December or January. Maybe they all sold out too fast.

samanthadee1688

I have been seeing these at walgreens and Fred Meyers as well as rite aid all over my town lately. Keep looking I'm sure they will pop up! Fingers crossed...

unraveling

Is it me, or was there like little to no hype regarding the release of this collection?
I stumbled upon it by accident one day while at walgreens.......I grabbed both the polish & lipstick from jlo & doutzen (love both of them)
Did i mention I hate the scent of loreal lipsticks? I love the color fairest nude.........but dang, it kills me to wear it for too long.

allthingsglam

Omgosh my order for these just arrived I can help but doing the happy dance they are stunning drool worthy I never really cared for loreal products these last couple years but these may bring me back the
0d84a4a6_image.jpeg
Plus I love love nudes lipsticks and glosses I don't keep up with loreal besides passing in the store but how I'm the world did I miss these the ones I have are Jennifer nude Eva nude Julianne's nude Freidas nude The packaging is stunning

Kaidan

Is it me, or was there like little to no hype regarding the release of this collection?
I stumbled upon it by accident one day while at walgreens.......I grabbed both the polish & lipstick from jlo & doutzen (love both of them)
Did i mention I hate the scent of loreal lipsticks? I love the color fairest nude.........but dang, it kills me to wear it for too long.
I think the inconsistent release dates have to do with the low hype of this collection. This collection just arrived in PR as of last week. I have yet to purchase anything, but I'm keeping an eye on Juliane and J.lo's nude lipsticks along with Doutzen and J.lo's nail polishes. The J.lo stuff seems to be selling fast though, but it doesn't help that there's extremely low stock of these items. It's basically two lipsticks, two nail polishes, one quad each, and a ton of the foundation for each person represented.

allthingsglam

I'm loving fredias nude a beautiful color I really wish loreal will change the scent of there lippies they really would sell so much better because I'm loving this nude collection the scent of the lipsticks not so much it fades quickly but I wish it were more like mac I would be buying more i plan on sending loreal a email about this hopefully soon we will be getting a better scent

Kaidan

I read on a blog that the lipsticks are supposed to be permanent additions to the line. I'm happy about that because I only found one in stores when I finally decided to get them and it was swatched. Here is the link if anyone is interested. http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2014/...privee-lipstick-collection-now-permanent.html

That's great news for everyone who likes nude lipsticks. :) I saw the nail polishes on the permanent display along with the regular L'Oréal nail polishes at a Walgreens. I can't wait to pick a few of them. I like that this collection caters to everyone and offers a variety of nude shades that doesn't have to be all beige or corpse chic.

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

I'm loving fredias nude a beautiful color I really wish loreal will change the scent of there lippies they really would sell so much better because I'm loving this nude collection the scent of the lipsticks not so much it fades quickly but I wish it were more like mac I would be buying more i plan on sending loreal a email about this hopefully soon we will be getting a better scent
I agree with you about the scent! People weren't joking about the scent on L'Oréal's lipsticks. They smell like a combination of old lady perfume and baby wipes.

For now I bought Julianne's version of a nude lipstick and it's a very lovely shade of pink. The formula is a bit like Mac's glaze formula and didn't dry my lips, which that's always a plus. The only problem I had was the scent. I think it's worse than the scent of the red tube Rimmel Kate Moss and Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipsticks. Despite scent woes, I'll be on the hunt (ridiculous choice of words but yeah) for J.Lo's nude lipstick this weekend because that one is selling super fast where I live along with Eva Longoria's nude lipstick.

ma146rina

That's great news for everyone who likes nude lipsticks. :) I saw the nail polishes on the permanent display along with the regular L'Oréal nail polishes at a Walgreens. I can't wait to pick a few of them. I like that this collection caters to everyone and offers a variety of nude shades that doesn't have to be all beige or corpse chic.

I agree with you about the scent! People weren't joking about the scent on L'Oréal's lipsticks. They smell like a combination of old lady perfume and baby wipes.

For now I bought Julianne's version of a nude lipstick and it's a very lovely shade of pink. The formula is a bit like Mac's glaze formula and didn't dry my lips, which that's always a plus. The only problem I had was the scent. I think it's worse than the scent of the red tube Rimmel Kate Moss and Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipsticks. Despite scent woes, I'll be on the hunt (ridiculous choice of words but yeah) for J.Lo's nude lipstick this weekend because that one is selling super fast where I live along with Eva Longoria's nude lipstick.
J.Lo's nude is amazing!
the smell is horrible,but it slowly became one of my fav nudes (and i have plenty)

Kaidan

J.Lo's nude is amazing!
the smell is horrible,but it slowly became one of my fav nudes (and i have plenty)

It is!
heart2.gif
I got it yesterday and it's a really great nude lipstick despite my loathe for J. Lo with pink/rose undertones. This might be the year of the radiant orchid color, but it's been a great year for nude lipsticks. :D

So far I don't have any dupes for Julianne and J.Lo's lipsticks except that MAC Haute Altitude is two shades deeper and more opaque than Julianne's lipstick. J. Lo's lipstick is unique in my collection.

Quote: Originally Posted by allthingsglam

Julianne's nude reminds me of creme cup
Can you do a swatch comparison for both?

allthingsglam

It is!  :heart2:   I got it yesterday and it's a really great nude lipstick despite my loathe for J. Lo with pink/rose undertones.  This might be the year of the radiant orchid color, but it's been a great year for nude lipsticks. :D So far I don't have any dupes for Julianne and J.Lo's lipsticks except that MAC Haute Altitude is two shades deeper and more opaque than Julianne's lipstick.  J. Lo's lipstick is unique in my collection. Can you do a swatch comparison for both?
I sure will as soon as I get home

allthingsglam

ee3a2818_image.jpeg
here is the swatches left to right creme cup Julianna nude I will say creme cup is just a tad pinker and thicker but IMO they look similar I hope this helps