lots of recs needed please!

cutandrun

For reference, I am about NC20, black hair, dark brown eyes, chinese.

I already have:

E/s
Aquadisiac
Nocturnelle
Trax
Say,Yeah
Li'lily
Beautiful Iris (doesn't show up on me!)
Tilt

I don't like the last 3 very much, I've come to realise that I like super vivid/bright pretty colours. Am thinking of stars n'rockets, but not sure what else. I also have a thing for purple (but for some reason nocturnelle and trax both make me look like i have a black eye). Any combos you can think of, with new and/or existing shades, would be much appreciated
greengrin.gif

Fluidlines

I have

Blitz and Glitz
Royal Wink

Brushes

I need a brush to apply fluidlines with, right now I have the 266se from the holiday 2005 kit (teal stashette) but the bristles are pokey and they hurt my eyes. I am a total klutz and need a brush where I can draw a straight line easily. I am definitely buying the full size 239 brush, but should I get the full size 219 one as well? Is it really necessary?

Pigments:

Am negotiating swaps with people for pigments, so need to choose.

I'm also having trouble deciding whether I should buy shadesticks, or mixing medium to make the colours of e/s and pigments more vivid. Mixing medium seems like a better investment, but please tell me if I've got it wrong!

Thanks in advance, really have no clue what to get
greengrin.gif

michy_mimi

hmmm well I just posted an fotd with stars n rockets...I used it with scarab from the thunder quad, which I would highly reccomend It has such great colors to work with. If you want to go with brighter colors then aquadisiac would look nice with it.
smiles.gif

mel0622

bright eyeshadows:
chrome yellow
swimming
electric eel
sushi flower
parfait amour
stars n' rockets

fluidlines:
blacktrack
non-conformist

eye brushes:
dont know about 219 i dont have it

i'm not really a pigment person but pink opal is a must
th_wink3.gif

i have about 7 s/s and i love em all. i dont have any mixing medium so i cant tell you much about em. sorry. thats the best i can do.

cutandrun

Thanks so much for the recs! Has anyone here used water based mixing medium, I'm interested to know if it's good
smiles.gif

mspixieears

You should try doing a search in MAC Chat for mixing medium - there's a kazillion topics discussing the various ones.

Interesting that Beautiful Iris doesn't show on you - I'm NW20, mixed Asian and it shows really well on me. Say, Yeah! however was a complete disaster on me.

I definitely recommend Parfait Amour - that's beautiful. In terms of other stand-out vivid colours, the ones that jump to my mind are Freshwater & Plum Dressing. I don't have any of the other e/s that people have mentioned here (gasp!) so can't really give any advice on those.

Latest posts