Lower eye make up that won't stay put...

mariecinder

I've been having problems with make up staying on my lower lash line. Everytime I put mascara on my bottom lashes it smears. Also when I put liner in my waterline it ends up smudged on to my under eyes. I use water and smudge proof mascara, as for liners I've used many like MACs technakohl, fluidline, and UD 24/7 liners (I was so hoping these would work!). So is there any way I can prevent my lower eye make up from bleeding on to my undereyes? I've thought about putting UD Primer Potion under, has this worked for anyone? I also pack on oil absording powder (Mineral Veil) to see if this would help but so far it hasn't.

Any suggestions?

spectrolite

I used to have a problem with under eye smudgies, but lately I've been applying a thin layer of Blackground paint pot with a flat brush to my lower lash line before applying some shadow/liner/mascara and it's been staying put pretty well. I've had to learn that only a really thin layer of eyeliner is even needed down there. That saying "a little goes a long way" is so true! I've been applying maybe 3-dashes of liner pencil very thinly and then gently smudging it along with a smudge brush. As for mascara on the lower lashes, 1 stick to one coat, and once its dry I run through the lashes with a dry mascara wand to pick up any clumps that I think can cause smudging!

makeba

i have the same issue too but have found that applying carbon eyeshadow onto my black eyeliner helps it stay longer!

browneyedbaby

UDPP... yes definately!!! I wipe a small amount of the back of my hand then pick up some eyeshadow on my brush and dab it in the UDPP and apply. Repeating as necessary until I have the depth of colour I'm looking for. It has NEVER budged or smudged at all.

wolfsong

Ive heard about mixing UDPP with eyeshadows before, but i dont know if it changes the texture/colour?
You could try mixing eyeshadow with Smashbox's Offset - its clear, and thicker and tackier than water. This stuff is my favourite for making e/s or glitter stay put - and you can smudge/blend as desired.

mariecinder

Thanks girls! Its not so much the shadow that smudges but the liner and mascara. I'm thinking maybe its because of oiliness.

janwa09

Benefit She Laq works well for me too..after lining or applying mascara just top it with the she laq using the appropriate brush and ur good to go.

Honey B. Fly

if ur natural lashes are dark then a clear mascara works well for lower lashes.

mine are already black so thats what i do, i hate worrying about smudges that will make me look like i have bad undereye circles throughout the day

Love Always Ivy

i used to always get the crusties and the unsightly smudge of mascara and line under the eye
ssad.gif

i found that shisheido or smashbox lash primers are really great for lower lashes to keep mascara in place and swiping some UDPP very lightly then apply undereye shadow or setting liner with a matching shadow over it keeps everything in place.

miss_supra

I use to have the same problems. It still happens if I don't do it right. I always use studio fix powder on the bottom lid. I then use a liner of some sort and use a similar eyeshadow to the liner to set it. It stays put like that for hours.
smiles.gif

hth

janwa09

Ok I tried this out a couple of times already and it really worked for me! I used paint pots for the lower lashline...I used the 219 and dabbed a little pp (any colour u have) and lined it on my lower lashline like you would an eyeliner. Then I put eyeshadow on top. I swear the shadow didn't budge at all!

mariecinder

I swear I've tried everything! Nothing seems to work! I've come to the conclusion that its because when I smile or laugh, my eyes crinkle and therefore touches the liner that is in my waterline, making it smudge to my undereyes.

I've considered using LiquidLast but after reading about its unsafeness for the waterline I've decided against it.

Does anyone know of other smudge/water-proof liners that might work for me? I mean ones that won't budge at all!

I'm getting so frustrated by this problem...

chipmunkvoice

Shiseido Mascara Base has helped reduce the smearing of mascara for me... but it still smears just a little. Maybe try something like Benefit Shelaq ... its like a sealant that seals your mascara after you've applied it? (i haven't used it myself so i wouldn't know but i've heard good things about it)

SquirrelQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I've been having problems with make up staying on my lower lash line. Everytime I put mascara on my bottom lashes it smears. Also when I put liner in my waterline it ends up smudged on to my under eyes. I use water and smudge proof mascara, as for liners I've used many like MACs technakohl, fluidline, and UD 24/7 liners (I was so hoping these would work!). So is there any way I can prevent my lower eye make up from bleeding on to my undereyes? I've thought about putting UD Primer Potion under, has this worked for anyone? I also pack on oil absording powder (Mineral Veil) to see if this would help but so far it hasn't.

Any suggestions?

I feel your pain! I've had terrible problems with my mascara and any other undereye makeup smearing---and I have dark circles under my eyes so any smudging makes everything worse. As per the suggestion of another Spektra member on the aforementioned thread about preventing mascara from smearing, I've cut WAY down on the amount of undereye cream I use and I've decreased the amount of primer/paint/paint pot I use on the upper lids (which are very oily!) I'm experimenting with different formulas of mascara---I didn't have much luck with PlushLash or Splashproof Lash but I'm doing okay with Mascara X and LoudLash (which, sadly, has been discontinued.)

I also stopped using eyeliner under the eye or mascara on my lower lashes. I like the way it looks on others but for me, it's just not worth the hassle. I might try either a pencil liner or fluidliner again but right now, I'm just thrilled to not have raccoon eyes.

HTH and good luck!

xoleaxo

i know how you feel--no pencil liners would ever stay put on my lower water/lash line! even if i bought waterproof ones..

sooo, now i use Stila Smudge Pots.. they are amaaazzzinggggggg. they stay ALL day on my lower water line. i'd definitely recommend it.

Latest posts