Lure Similarities

Classic Beauty

Are any of the colors from lure similar to other MAC colors?

I'm really interested in similarities in the eyeshadows, lipglasses, and blushcremes.

ramonesbrat

Waternymph is supposed to be very similar to Tease N Teal from the Holiday 2005 Trend Palette. Pink Clash Lipglass is supposed to be quite similar to Nymphette, except Nymphette doesn't have the slightly chunkier glitter... It's less gritty.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren
I've heard Aquavert is similar to Metamorph (Madame B, Spring 2005).

There is a swatch of these two on www.legacycollection.org/mac and they are very different. They really look similar in the pot, but they are way different on... HTH!

Sea Myth is similar to Almond Icing and Seedy Pearl.
Waternymph is similar to Steamy, but Steamy is a bit more blue.
Mancatcher is very unique IMO and isn't like anything in the permanent collection.

Isis

ITA with Sea Myth being similar to seedy pearl and Almond Icing, but I bought it anyway It's a color I tend to use quite frequently.

Phosphorelle = Elle (Belle Azure)
Sex Ray = I can't quite put my finger on it, but it looks close to something from a recent collection last year??
Pink Clash = Re-release from RebelRock

tiffie0023

I thought phospherelle looked pretty close to luminary (not identical, bit I couldn't justify buying it when I already have luminary) and I thought the pink glittery lipglass (I can't remember the name?) looked just like zazoom.

roxybc

comparison pic of waternymph and teas'n'teal from LJ courtesy of: alm0st_inn0cent

swatches.jpg

swatches2.jpg

They look almost identical to me, I'm glad I passed.

MACActress

Almond Icing Definitley has more of a gray cast to it than Sea Myth, both very pretty imo. I tried to swatch, but my camera cant pick up the color =/ My camera sucks at swatches =P

Edit: Here's the best I could get, just in the pot/palette comparisons though.

AlmondMyth.jpg

mima

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
There is a swatch of these two on www.legacycollection.org/mac and they are very different. They really look similar in the pot, but they are way different on... HTH!

Sea Myth is similar to Almond Icing and Seedy Pearl.
Waternymph is similar to Steamy, but Steamy is a bit more blue.
Mancatcher is very unique IMO and isn't like anything in the permanent collection.

hmm, is mancatcher not similar to lavender sky? i didn't swatch them but i am just curious.

cicconeyouth

sea myth = almond icing/vex, which is weird because the description on the website makes it sound like a completely different type of color.

waternymph reminds me of a more teal version of steamy.

in the tube, pink clash looked just like love nectar, so i didn't even swatch it out because i already have love nectar

i feel like i've seen this collecction a million times before.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by mima
hmm, is mancatcher not similar to lavender sky? i didn't swatch them but i am just curious.

not really. mancatcher is more purple than lavender sky.

kimmy

is it just me or does phosphorelle look just like tongue-in-chic laquer? i think tongue-in-chic is a little more pink...but pretty much, they look the same to me...

ladybugz07

Mancatcher IS Sugarlily (from the Beau quad)... There's a great comparison pic on the LJ Mac_Cosmetics community.
smiles.gif

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtarchick
found this in makeupalley, swatched by jillmarie. HTH someone
greengrin.gif

left- waternymph / right - tease n' teal.
489982.jpeg

yes, waternymph is slighty (ever so slightly) greener than tease n teal from the trend palette.

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
is it just me or does phosphorelle look just like tongue-in-chic laquer? i think tongue-in-chic is a little more pink...but pretty much, they look the same to me...

Yeah - I was thinking the same thing. I think phosphorelle comes out a little more on the sheer side though, but otherwise, they seem very similar.