luuuucy you got a lot of 'splanin to do

dirtball

i just joined today and im having trouble finding any clues about what a lot of things mean.

im assuming the only bold thread topics are the ones posted that day? usually in forums, every thread is bold until i read it. so that threw me a bit.

is a sticky thread, one that always stays at the beginning of the list?

can someone explain what itrader and the color and number of the dots mean when theyre under someones user name on a post?

also reputation?

also i realize theres a key to what the symbols next to threads mean, but when something is said to have new posts. how new is that? because i havent really read any so theyre all new to me.

thanks. im looking forward to getting to know some of you.

coachkitten

Welcome to Specktra Dirtball!
smiles.gif

The topic in threads will be bold until you have read through all new posts or the thread is older than a few days is my understanding. Any time a new post is in the thread it will become bold again.

A sticky thread will always be in bold and at the top of the thread that it is in. Mostly the sticky threads are important threads like guidelines for that forum, very popular threads, or important announcements.

The I-trader is used to rate your sales or swaps on Specktra. It works similar to ebay in the way that you can give someone a positive which adds a +1 rating to that persons I-trader, nothing for a neutral (0), or a -1 for a negative transaction. You should be able to view the clearance bin/want list section of the site when you meet the requirements.

Reputation points are given by pressing the thanks button and you get them everytime someon thanks one of your posts. The more repuation points you get the more green lights are below your I-trader number.

I hope that answers some of your questions. You might want to check out the Specktra guidelines and FAQ here:

Specktra.Net - FAQ

Latest posts