Luxe Box and Perfume Problem

Meisje

I didn't know where else to put this.

I signed up for Luxe Box in August and got my first one in September. It was good and got progressively better, until ---

December I got not one but TWO perfume samples in my box, despite filling a preference form out stating I never wanted perfume. I am allergic and get asthma, migraine and often a rash from it. I sent them an immediate email to complain and they simply wrote back that they'd "be sure to add me to the no-perfume list." I wrote back stating I had already been on that list. No explanation was offered, and when I pressed I was told "there might have been an error" --- and I received no extra product despite being out two samples. More of an irritant was the fact that there was no apology in their response whatsoever, just carefully worded jargon to avoid blame.

Fast-forward to January, and my box arrives. I was really hoping for the Benefit blush product, even though I'd been too slow to go to the website to sign up for one as a "First Choice" or whatever they call it (I have a busy job that does not permit constant checking of personal email throughout the day) and not only did I not receive that despite flagging Benefit as a preferred brand ---- I got another f**king perfume sample and it had stunk up the whole box, giving me a migraine when I opened it. It's Chloe and so bloody strong that even my cat coughed.

Is anyone else having their profile totally ignored? Has anyone else sent a complaint that was similarly ignored? I'm really pissed off.

LMD84

honestly if a company ignored me twice like that i would cancel the subscription and write them or call them to tell them why. that is really shoddy service! fair enough mistakes can happen but not twice in a row like that :(

Meisje

They ignored my email for weeks and I finally got back another excuse, saying "oh, your request wasn't processed fast enough." No real responsibility taken and they promise to send me one extra product to make up for it. At least this time I got a "sorry for the inconvenience."

I tried the lipstick sent in the most recent box and it was like a dollar-store lipstick. Ugh. It was full of things I will never use. They even sent me coffee, which I loathe. I would have specified that but there's no place on the beauty survey to say you don't like coffee... I would rather get four great samples than a bunch of samples with iffy quality.

Meisje

The quality kept suffering and they sent me more absolute garbage so I canceled. I tried Ipsy Glam Bag for a while, but the quality on that was extremely hit-and-miss --- the only notable product I received was a sample of Anarchy Urban Decay lipstick, which was wonderful, but it was the highlight of a lot of low-quality items.

Latest posts