lying about in stock items?

jayne5787

So I was going to order Petticoat on the Nordstrom website, but it said it was available to pick up at my local counter so I decided to just stop by so I could see if I could get one that had a lot of veining, but the girl that helped me said they didn't have any? Then when I got home I checked again and it said it was still available to pick up. I'm a little miffed since I drove to the counter for the sole purpose if picking up the MSF. So I guess what I'm asking is...do you think she was holding out on me? Or is the Nordies website not updated? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else and I hope this doesn't offend anyone!

darkwater_soul

More than likely it didn't know where you were closest to... Unless you gave them your zip code. A lot of websites do that to let you know that certain items ARE sold in the store, but don't have the capapbility to actually know the stock levels. And she might have just sold a couple before you came in too.

Jade1012

probably not updated and their inventory numbers are wrong most likely. I work in retail and the so called "SMART" ordering system.. well it's not so smart.. lol. I just get in the habit of calling first before I drive anywhere. With the price of gas lately... you just gotta sometimes. Hope you find the Petticoat that you are looking for! Tootles! *waves*

jayne5787

yeah I put in my zipcode and it said it was specifically available at my counter. When I got home it said it was still available to pick up, so I don't know....maybe the system takes awhile to update. Either way I'm kinda bummed cuz I really wanted a Petticoat with a bunch of veining cuz mine barely has any
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwater_soul
More than likely it didn't know where you were closest to... Unless you gave them your zip code. A lot of websites do that to let you know that certain items ARE sold in the store, but don't have the capapbility to actually know the stock levels. And she might have just sold a couple before you came in too.

TISH1124

I always call the store and verify before I drive over there and have them hold the item if they say they only have a couple.

jayne5787

yea, that's what I was thinking, but I know sometimes every now and then people hold things for other people or themselves. Not necessarily at makeup counters, but at other retail places. I usually call too before I go to pick something up, but I wanted to go shopping anyway. oh well, I guess my search goes on
smiles.gif

banjobama

A website like that is probably not that reliable as far as knowing the inventory of a certain counter. Maybe they have to tell them it's sold out and they only do that at closing time or something. Maybe someone else called and asked them to hold it. I would just call next time.

You just have to trust that they DO want your money and do want to sell you something, so why would they lie?

Mabelle

those systems arent reliable.
I bought a pair of pants at an American Eagle in downtown in Navy. Got home, decided i really didnt like the navy and wanted toe exchange them for the beige. They have the same locater thingie on there website, so i checked. It said they didnt have any beige in my size around (the closest was in NY). When i went to return them the SA checked for me just to be sure, and they did have them. I think it takes a couple days to update...

call ahead next time.

jayne5787

yea...calling in ahead of time seems to be the consensus. Again, I hope I didn't make anyone mad because that wasn't my intent...just wanted to see what you all thought
smiles.gif

kimmy

i doubt she was holding out on you, since they make comission...and if you're looking for something specific, they're pretty sure you're gonna buy it and it'll be a guarunteed sale.
winks.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

I called ahead before picking up at Nordtrom last week, I didn't pick up from the counter anyway...I had to go straight to Customer Service. I alo waited until I got email confirmation that my order was ready. did you wait for confirmation that your items were ready for pickup? The system isn't instant, at least not at the Atlanta stores. The turnaround was about an hour before they confirmed that I could actually pick up.

FiestyFemme

I know some places that inventories aren't updated online but every 24 hours. So sometimes it says "in stock" when really, they don't have any. Sucks, but that's why it's good to call ahead.
smiles.gif