M.A.C Fafi event in Atlanta last night!

rebekah

hey guys,
I went by our M.A.C store at Perimeter Mall in Atlanta (Dunwoody?) Georgia.
and BOY was it packed! I didn't stay long because I was starting to feel faint and rather pushed around by all of the pushy people in there.

It was sort of a dissapointment in that I have never been to an "event" and thought maybe there would be some sort of discussion of the products or SOMETHING ... but it was just that they set out the display and we got to right down what we wanted and get them (there was a DJ though playing very loud music-- i think to make me feel even more claustrophobic!) ...
They did serve beer in champagne glasses and mini hamburgers and little tiny plates of fries (even though i don't eat hamburgers i thought this was a cute idea) ...
I left with the medium clear fafi makeup bag (I WANTED THE HUGE TOTE! It was $50) and The Quad #1 (the more neutral pinkish quad) and I didn't think I would love it but I do! I LOVE IT..

I wanted the orangier blush (there is a pink blush and an orange blush) but I only had $70 so I couldn't afford anything else.

I think that if I had of waited and just come when there wasn't the whole event thing I could have made a better money decision and bought a blush instead of the little bag but then again I really like the little pouch thing so whatever (sorry this is a boring rant!)

SO GO BUY THAT ORANGE BLUSH AND SHOW IT TO ME ON YOU SO I CAN BE JEALOUS!

oh and I got a poster with my purchase with the 3 Fafi girls on it , it is now on my "M.A.C door"

xo

MAC_Whore

Take a pic of the poster, please
winks.gif

Yeah, the music thing at MAC is fun sometimes and really loud and annoying at other times. I realize they are going for a fun, trendy experience, but it's not fun when (about to sound old in 3...2...1...) you can't hear anyone.

CantAffordMAC

Ugh I'm not really looking forward to it at all now. When I made my appointment he told me I can try the stuff on first and then buy.....and I called yesterday to ask if i could change my time and she said that they were booked, and if I wanted to come late it was fine but that my MA might have to step away from me and help someone else. Which i took to mean that he'd be putting some makeup on me...

My whole reason for even going is to see the stuff in person. I may skip it. MAC makes me feel claustrophobic as it is...which 10x the people, loud music......no no. That spells disaster for me lol.

BlahWah

Glad you had fun! Yeah, it can get tight during those events but it's part of the hype, right? =P That's what I'd tell myself as I squeeze through to get to the displays...lol..

And please, please post a picture of the poster! Yeesh, now I wish I went to our local event, I want a poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Ugh I'm not really looking forward to it at all now. When I made my appointment he told me I can try the stuff on first and then buy.....and I called yesterday to ask if i could change my time and she said that they were booked, and if I wanted to come late it was fine but that my MA might have to step away from me and help someone else. Which i took to mean that he'd be putting some makeup on me...

My whole reason for even going is to see the stuff in person. I may skip it. MAC makes me feel claustrophobic as it is...which 10x the people, loud music......no no. That spells disaster for me lol.

I don't think the event you've been booked for and the one rebekah went to is the same type of thing. Hers was more of a preview event; from what I know there aren't any makeovers (full face) done there. Mind you there will be loud music being played at your event but not so loud that you can't think b/c it's not a party in the same sense an the MA's do have to think when they're working on you! There shouldn't be as many people at yours either, tho definitely more than your average day at MAC.

Sorry for the OT, but I don't want someone to miss out on some MAC fun due to a misunderstanding!

iiilikcats

I am going to my event on Friday and I will let you guys know how it went..cant wait to try the orangey blush.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Glad you had fun! Yeah, it can get tight during those events but it's part of the hype, right? =P That's what I'd tell myself as I squeeze through to get to the displays...lol..

And please, please post a picture of the poster! Yeesh, now I wish I went to our local event, I want a poster!

I don't think the event you've been booked for and the one rebekah went to is the same type of thing. Hers was more of a preview event; from what I know there aren't any makeovers (full face) done there. Mind you there will be loud music being played at your event but not so loud that you can't think b/c it's not a party in the same sense an the MA's do have to think when they're working on you! There shouldn't be as many people at yours either, tho definitely more than your average day at MAC.

Sorry for the OT, but I don't want someone to miss out on some MAC fun due to a misunderstanding!

Thanks for clearing that up!

Another question....I know that a lot of people might be using the products. If I get my hands on one of the testers to try, do I ask for a brush or something? I don't think I should dip my fingers into anything, but I've never actually tried any of the blush/shadow testers on at mac before...

Loveleighe

cant afford MAC which store are you going to i might be going to the same event... is it cherry hill mall?

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveleighe
cant afford MAC which store are you going to i might be going to the same event... is it cherry hill mall?

Yeah it is! what time is your appointment?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Thanks for clearing that up!

Another question....I know that a lot of people might be using the products. If I get my hands on one of the testers to try, do I ask for a brush or something? I don't think I should dip my fingers into anything, but I've never actually tried any of the blush/shadow testers on at mac before...

No prob! As for testers, keep a lookout for q-tips if you're just looking to swatch. There should be beakers or cups with them around the displays, if not all then some at least. I ask for brushes when I want to see how it'll work with a brush in particular. But you'll have a makeover and you could ask to see how it works then instead of trying to track down a MUA. I've been given a mirror before to see the progress as the makeover goes (very patient and nice MUAs!), which is a great way to see how it applies instead of it all at the end.

Hope you have tons of fun!