M.A.C i'm Confused and hurt

maclove1

Hello everyone ,im not new here or to mac but this issue ticks me off every time it has to be a way to get this to stop .
We all love mac collections but why do some people go and buy 30 items then resell them for retarded prices on ebay $30.00 for a nail polish that was $13.00 come one that is a slap in the face to us MAC lovers .
nonono.gif

And how come M.A.C has not put a one or two item per person limit on these limited items
cry.gif
its not right. All i wanted from the villeins collection is sold out and resold for high prices .

I remember saying this about two other collections befor we have to ban toghter and get this resolved so true mac lovers like me can finally buy mac at retail prices .

Mercurial

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclove1
And how come M.A.C has not put a one or two item per person limit on these limited items
cry.gif
its not right. All i wanted from the villeins collection is sold out and resold for high prices .

Its annoying I agree but I think this would be almost impossible to do as people would just buy items from several stores and online to get their extras. Would work out better for people to not buy from people who are selling these items for ridiculous prices on Ebay especially as MAC tend to re-release these items at some point in a different collection anyway!

Keep a check on the release dates and make sure you can be at a counter or buy online on the day of release - I learnt that after Heatherette came out
noworry.gif

maclove1

At least it will save items for other shoppers if they had to go store to store .

But that's what i do already i can barley afford retail so i rufuse to buy from others unless its a good price or close to the original price..

They resellers are always going to buy bulk and some regular M.AC lovers like us buy in bulk which is kinda over doing it .

M.A.C needs to nip it in the bud and put a stop to this.

If i do not buy a item from a reseller thats not going to stop them .

LMD84

i agree totally with your point. I get very angery over this issue. however the sad thing is, is that i bet it's pople that go on beauty sites like this are the ones doing it
ssad.gif
because how could the average Jo possibly know just how popular an item will be?

lolcats

I think a limit is a good idea, but I think it should be 2 rather than one as I love buying back ups of things that I think I will really like.

Simply Elegant

We see it here on these boards alone, you know who some of them are. This post will not change much. Not buying equals the reseller with 6565 backups unsold, therefore they have lost money because they had the intention they would get that money back and more. If they can't sell, they'll be tighter for money and might rethink doing it, or at least buy less. Your money holds power, but your word less so. It's unfortunate but at least you know there are nice members who are willing to do CPs.

maclove1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i agree totally with your point. I get very angery over this issue. however the sad thing is, is that i bet it's pople that go on beauty sites like this are the ones doing it
ssad.gif
because how could the average Jo possibly know just how popular an item will be?

That's true .I never thought of that .
I think its the M.A.C reps also .

sillygirl82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial
Its annoying I agree but I think this would be almost impossible to do as people would just buy items from several stores and online to get their extras. Would work out better for people to not buy from people who are selling these items for ridiculous prices on Ebay especially as MAC tend to re-release these items at some point in a different collection anyway!

Keep a check on the release dates and make sure you can be at a counter or buy online on the day of release - I learnt that after Heatherette came out
noworry.gif

I was at the Nordstrom MAC counter like 30 minutes after the store opened on Venomous Villains launch day to make sure to get what I wanted. It's ridiculous that it has come to that, but I wanted the items.

I agree with not buying from resellers that jack up the price. I remember when people were selling Lavender Whip lipstick for $56
shockt.gif
Hell to the no! I refuse to feed the profiteers.

While writing this post, I went to Ebay and looked up the MAC VV items. Someone is selling both MES as a set for $80.
thmbdn.gif

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Sorry to be a nood xD but what is a CP?

CP= custom purchase. Some collections don't make it outside US and Canada, so girls from Europe request that those who have access to the collection make a purchase for them. This can be arranged in the colour collection thread, a separate thread or by private message. Sometimes a product will sell out and someone is willing to do a CP for them.

SUMM3RxBABii

This is why I never buy MAC from eBay. People are such money grubbers because they know people want these and they know they're going to tempt them to buy it. It's just not right. I never pay more than retail price for a LE item from sellers, especially not more than twice the retail price! People are ridiculous.

maclove1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
CP= custom purchase. Some collections don't make it outside US and Canada, so girls from Europe request that those who have access to the collection make a purchase for them. This can be arranged in the colour collection thread, a separate thread or by private message. Sometimes a product will sell out and someone is willing to do a CP for them.

OH That is nice ,but I'm in tampa florida

juicycouture328

this kind of reminds me of the urban decay naked palette. I loved it, I wanted to buy it at the retail price of forty dollars, i just missed it. And now you have people selling it on Ebay for a hundred and fifty dollars, even some above that. : /
I may have to buy it at eighty dollars now on Ebay (because I want it so bad), which is almost twice the price.

Simply Elegant

Quote:
OH That is nice ,but I'm in tampa florida

It doesn matter where you're from. You can still ask for a CP, it's just that it's mostly common with european members because they don't get all of the collections.

Strawberrymold

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicycouture328
this kind of reminds me of the urban decay naked palette. I loved it, I wanted to buy it at the retail price of forty dollars, i just missed it. And now you have people selling it on Ebay for a hundred and fifty dollars, even some above that. : /
I may have to buy it at eighty dollars now on Ebay (because I want it so bad), which is almost twice the price.

Don't, it's not LE, just popular right now. It will come back into stock... you just may have to wait a while.

Quote:

And the Alice in Wonderland palette, that was going for insane prices on ebay
ssad.gif

lolcats

Quote:

It's a nice palette but its not worth 80$. Check out the thread on the mac dupes for it, if I couldn't get my hands on it I would rather spend the money at mac then on ebay which is always a bit hit or miss.

Redaddict

Or MAC could do what they do here in Australia to avoid this problem... Just charge eBay prices at their counters! $35 for a lipstick anyone? Or $41 for one in LE packaging? We don't have problems here with collections selling out fast
greengrin.gif

hwangsara

I understand how you're feeling. When Venomous Villains came out, I looked at the colors and I wasn't impressed. However, heard it was sold out the first day. I go to my nearest mall just to pick up some things, the mall has a nordstorm, macys, mac store, bloomingdales, and lords and taylors. This is a really really big mall. They still have all the collection in each of their mac counters! How is this sold out! I know it's sold out at the mac website. I'm just like some of you guys and will refuse to buy from ebay for ridiculous prices. I will only buy for retail price or cheaper. I rather wait for it to get to the CCO. I especially learned this when the beach collection was sold out everywhere I went and now all the sold out items are at my CCO. This really frustrates me! I asked the sales girl why all these sold out items on the counters and websites is showing up there. I really don't understand this! Be patience! Buy at retail price or CCO prices. Don't let those ebayers take advantage of us!