M/U Ideas for the ball??!!??

Jewelz913

I did a post I think like 2 weeks ago on choosing my dress for the military ball. I received so much feedback, and of course stayed true to the purple dress.
th_DANCE.gif
So now I'm trying to figure out how I wanna do my makeup. Im thinking the infamous smokey eye with a hint of the purple color or maybe something lighter. Emphasis on eyes and do a nude lip. But I need color suggestions. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from NYX. And I have tons of mac pigments and both CS 88 palettes. So any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

This is the dress again:
purplefront.jpg

purpleback.jpg

and these are the shoes I got: OMG they are sooo comfortable!

shoes.jpg

gildedangel

I would go pretty neutral on the makeup, after all you don't want to take attention away from the dress
smiles.gif
. If you really want to do purple on the eye, I would do a purple that is lighter than the dress or within the same tone, like satellite dreams from MAC or even beautiful iris. I agree with the unemphaized lips, neutral is the way to go! I would do a brighter cheek color personally, but it is your makeup and your choice. I hope that this helped out. Have fun at your ball!

CheeSauce

I am a dress similar to this shade that I am wearing to a dance too. I was thinking about a smoky eye with a hint of dark purple and a neutral face as well. Since the purple is so vivid, I though strong makeup would be too much.

User38

I agree with the two prior posts.. the color is very strong and beautiful. Regal. I would not do a heavy eye -- a light smoky eye, a light pink cheek and a light raspberry lip
smiles.gif

hawaii02

I didn't see your dress in the previous thread..your dress is GORGEOUS! I also like the idea of Satellite Dreams (or NYX's Purple) for your eyes.

Jewelz913

yea definitely...the color is the statement...so i just gotta find some nice colors to do a soft smokey....with just a hint of color....

THanks everyone!...

keep em coming!