MAC 130 Brush vs. the 187 or 188

GreigeClarity

Hi Everyone!
I am hoping some MAC brush experts can help me out
SOS.gif

I am new to buying MAC brushes, but my favorite type are duo-fibre.

With the upcoming Naturally collection, I'm going to be buying the 286 eye brush and want to pick up a face brush too - but before I do I would like to know what the differences are between the 130, 187 and 188. The 187 and 188 look like they do pretty much the same job, but how does the 130 compare? If you own both of have owned both (or all 3!), what would you recommend I get? I'm going to be using the face brush to apply MSFs and MBs.

Thanks!

baghdad81

Hi there!

I was in the same dilemma and I didn't want to fork over 150 CAD to get all three. So i'll sum up my experience.

I got the 187, didn't like it too much for foundation and found it a little flimsy, returned it and got the 130. The 130 is great for foundation to get into the nooks of your face but also great for blush and contouring so it's more bang for my buck. I also got the 188 which honestly I have yet to use although you could use it for blush/highlight but i use my 116 for that. If you are really set on the 187, I also got the QUO dupe and I have to say it doesn't shed, it's not flimsy and it is soft.

Just my two cents!

Mac-Guy

I would get the 187 for the MSF and the 188 for the blushes. The 187 will most likely be too big to apply blushes, whereas the 188 can be a bit too tiny to get a good application of MSFs. As these blushes are heavily pigmented, I would go with the 188 rather than the 130. If you go to the Naturally thread, I've given some recommendation on what brush works best for each blush (in case you are interested and/or want to buy some more brushes).

GreigeClarity

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with these brushes, baghdad81!

Knowing Quo makes a decent dupe is a huge help! $50 bucks for the 187 is a lot of cash - I think I will pick up the Quo one you talked about instead!

Hi there!

I was in the same dilemma and I didn't want to fork over 150 CAD to get all three. So i'll sum up my experience.

I got the 187, didn't like it too much for foundation and found it a little flimsy, returned it and got the 130. The 130 is great for foundation to get into the nooks of your face but also great for blush and contouring so it's more bang for my buck. I also got the 188 which honestly I have yet to use although you could use it for blush/highlight but i use my 116 for that. If you are really set on the 187, I also got the QUO dupe and I have to say it doesn't shed, it's not flimsy and it is soft.

Just my two cents!

GreigeClarity

Thanks so much for your help Mac-Guy! The 188 sounds like a good bet for me - I think that is the one I will pick up, since I plan on getting the MBs from Naturally!

Your help is much appreciated!

I would get the 187 for the MSF and the 188 for the blushes. The 187 will most likely be too big to apply blushes, whereas the 188 can be a bit too tiny to get a good application of MSFs. As these blushes are heavily pigmented, I would go with the 188 rather than the 130. If you go to the Naturally thread, I've given some recommendation on what brush works best for each blush (in case you are interested and/or want to buy some more brushes).