MAC 136 brush from luxurycosmetics

Vixxan

136c.jpg

136b.jpg

136a.jpg

I purchased this brush from luxurycosmeticsBrushes

This brush looks very fake. I'm not a MAC brush expert but this brush is not consistent with my other MAC brushes.

1. The brush handle is brown and the writing is faded.
2. The amount of hair in this brush is half that of my other brushes. This brush is very thin as far as hair.
3. Where the hair attaches to the ferrule is very jagged.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

chickatthegym

Hey hun,
I am not an expert, but I have received fake Chanel and other "high end" brushes a few years ago. It was obvious they were fake by the quality. I don't have the 136 to compare sorry.

If you have other real MAC brushes to compare it to, you can prob tell by the hairs and they way they feel, and as you said the way they're attached. It doesn't look as bad as some fake MAC brushes I have seen on eBay... the font looks somewhat "off" but it may just be the pic.

The good thing is that the brush has the "shimmer" to it and it's just the cheap looking black plastic... you know what I mean? That's always a dead giveaway it's fake. What kind of wrapping did it come in? And what does the handle say on the very bottom (not in silver but it will be etched into it). *I may have to erase this in a few days so no counterfeiters get on here LOL*

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Hey hun,
I am not an expert, but I have received fake Chanel and other "high end" brushes a few years ago. It was obvious they were fake by the quality. I don't have the 136 to compare sorry.

If you have other real MAC brushes to compare it to, you can prob tell by the hairs and they way they feel, and as you said the way they're attached. It doesn't look as bad as some fake MAC brushes I have seen on eBay... the font looks somewhat "off" but it may just be the pic.

The good thing is that the brush has the "shimmer" to it and it's just the cheap looking black plastic... you know what I mean? That's always a dead giveaway it's fake. What kind of wrapping did it come in? And what does the handle say on the very bottom (not in silver but it will be etched into it). *I may have to erase this in a few days so no counterfeiters get on here LOL*

Thanks so much for responding.

It's not the picture. The font on this brush is really off and faded. The handle is dark brown and it has France etched on the end of it. The bristles are softer than the bristles on the 150. This brush has about 1/3 of the bristles that the 150 has. It's really thin as far as fibers. When placed with my other MAC brushes this brush really stands out. It looks like it does not belong.

chickatthegym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
Thanks so much for responding.

It's not the picture. The font on this brush is really off and faded. The handle is dark brown and it has France etched on the end of it. The bristles are softer than the bristles on the 150. This brush has about 1/3 of the bristles that the 150 has. It's really thin as far as fibers. When placed with my other MAC brushes this brush really stands out. It looks like it does not belong.

Uh-oh, that's not good. If you think it's off, it might be. But I would personally just be really paranoid about brushes since there is SO much fake MAC out there, esp LE brushes. I have three MAC brushes from FRANCE that I got a the CCO (224, 227 and 134) so it's possible it is real
th_dunno.gif

Did it come in a wrapper? And if so, what did it say on it? Any stickers, etc?

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickatthegym
Uh-oh, that's not good. If you think it's off, it might be. But I would personally just be really paranoid about brushes since there is SO much fake MAC out there, esp LE brushes. I have three MAC brushes from FRANCE that I got a the CCO (224, 227 and 134) so it's possible it is real
th_dunno.gif

Did it come in a wrapper? And if so, what did it say on it? Any stickers, etc?

It did not have a wrapper. Luxurycosmetics said that this brush was purchased at a CCO. I have 17 MAC brushes and this is the only one with a dark brown handle.

chickatthegym

If it was from a CCO, it would still have the plastic wrapper with the MAC sticker/barcode. And I have never had one with a brown handle... very weird! If you're not satisfied with the quality, I would return it regardless. How'd you pay?

Vixxan

Paypal. Luxurycosmetics said that they do not accept returns. I was offered a store credit for the purchase price. I don't want a store credit. I want a MAC 136 brush or my money back.

Latest posts