mac 138 vs 165

*JJ*

hi!

i'm looking for a contouring brush and now that it's long gone i really want the 165. i added it to my wishlist in the clearance bin but since i don't know when (or if!) i'll be able to get my hands on it i thought i'd ask if there is a dupe for it?
what about the 138? does anyone have a comparison pic?
is it any good?

any help is greatly appreciated!

LC

Theyre both good for contouring, but honestly i just use a 168 or 109 and it's perfect

ThePostcardOrg

I have both of them. Don't have a picture available right now as they are both at my parents house.

Basically they are both black goat hair brushes (same hair as 109 and 129 ect) The both taper at the ends, so the basic shape is the same, and they are both excellent for contouring as they are both really good at blending out harsh lines because they are not as stiff as say the 109.

The biggest difference between the 165 and the 138, is that the 138 is a lot bigger than the 165. Therefore the 138 will cover more skin, is a little less dense and will therefore have a softer wash of color when applying. Rather than the smaller and more concentrated area and color that the 165 will give.

DSCN5668.JPG

I borrowed this picture from a google search I did. the 138 is the brush that is number 4 to the left, and the 165 is the brush farthest to the right.

hth
smiles.gif

Latest posts