MAC 180 vs 183 brushes

Mygreatlove

Hi! I'm new here! My name is Brittany and I've been makeup obsessed for almost a year now.
thmbup.gif
Anyways, I know both of these brushes are discontinued but I was wondering which do you girls recommend? They seem very similar to me. But I have noticed that the 180 seems to have shorter bristles and just a slight more roundness than the 183. I could be wrong though. Also would one be better for liquid foundation and the other for mineral? TIA!!

Mygreatlove

Ha no one answered
thmbdn.gif
I ended up getting both and I absolutely love them!! I'm so happy I got both! Just wanted to share
drools.gif

GeekyMacLover

The 180 is the same brush Kim Kardashian uses. If it can apply that well then it has to be fab to use :-D

btw don't worry if no one replies back to you. This forum is so big it's easy to get lost in the crowd..

Cherrymint

Awww...sorry to hear no one replied...I wish I had gotten to this post sooner!
Well, just in case anyone else is curious I think the 183 has softer bristles than the 180*Also the 180 has kind of a small dome shape bristles while the 183 is a flat top*. They both have about the same size bristles(maybe the 183 is a weeee bit longer *tips*). I use the 180 more for buffing on foundation and the 183 for MSF. Of course the 180 is taller than the 183 and it's easier to hold the 180 because of its handle's shape(the handle alone is about the height of the 183! lol.).

Here is the 180:
mac-180.jpg

and the 183:
Mac_brush_183.jpg

P.S.
They are both made of white goat hair!

Hope that helps someone!
amuse.gif

Latest posts