mac 216 brush?

Miss_Jackie

I stumbled apon this listing does this brush look real to you guys? the numbers look off to me when I googled images of the brush they all look like that? is it just so old that the numbers are different

anyone know about this old old brush

stronqerx

also, i may be wrong but i don't think mac even makes a 216 brush...and every 'mac' item that seller has is fake.

.Ice

mac did once upon a time have a 216 brush.... but I have a feeling this is fake... eBay isn't worth it though.. don't risk it buying that brush from there.

redambition

while the lettering and numbering is consistent with the old style, i can't confirm for sure if there was a 216.

given that this brush is also in the old style, the fact that it's brand new and in the plastic wrapper is a bit suspect.

avoid this one.

MissAlphaKitty

I have a beloved old 216 brush and judging from the pic... the shape of the bristle head looks kinda 'off'

the 216 is a very 'fluffy' soft brush

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
also, i may be wrong but i don't think mac even makes a 216 brush...and every 'mac' item that seller has is fake.

I wouldn't be too sure of that.

I've never seem a fake M·A·C Fluidline or a fake M·A·C Paint. Please could you give examples of specific items the seller has and explain why you feel they're fake?

The numbering on the brush is absolutely consistent with old style brushes. The numbers have changed too. I have a genuine 17 brush and a 150 brush - both bought from standalone M·A·C stores quite a few years ago.

Before declaring a seller's products to be fake, you really do have to be absolutely certain. If you're wrong, you could be sued for libel (yes, even for something you post on the internet). It's one thing to say you're not sure but it's a completely different matter to declare definitively that something is fake.

The seller is based in Canada and a lot of M·A·C products are manufactured in Canada.

Also note, that every other single item being sold is from an Estée Lauder group company. My guess would be that the seller has connections with the company either directly or through family or friends.

Given the information currently available I have no reason to suspect the brushes are anything other than old discontinued and genuine M·A·C brushes.

kariii

The brush style is very consistent with the old style MAC had even with the engraved writing of brush however judging from the price for an old DC'd brush, I 'm not too sure about but the brush is itself looks genuine.

xxManBeaterxx

The brush itself does look authentic, i have a dozen older style brushes and the font looks consistant! It's also from aat_03, she is a very reputable seller and i have bought brushes from her many times!

caffn8me

Here we go; the official M·A·C description of the 216 brush;

• Name: Blending brush
  • Fibre: Pony
  • Shape: Long with domed tip
  • Texture: Soft, smooth, extra fine fibre
  • Function: Applying and/or blending of eye shadow

Latest posts