MAC accessories

kbrit08

hey girls.what are your views and opinions on MAC accessories?
tweezers,sponges,puffs,eyelash curlers and everything else.do other brands make them better?
TIA
x

spectrolite

I only have one of MAC's accessories - the pencil sharpener. It is the best one I have ever used and I cannot live without it haha. It's the only sharpener I've used that does not stuff up my Feline Kohl power, even on super hot 40 degree days.

redambition

the pencil sharpeners are really good - they really just sharpen with no destroying of the delicate eye pencil/lip pencil etc.

the puffs and sponges - i buy them because i like things to match. in reality they are no different to some no-name cheaper ones i have bought.

if anyone has an opinion on the tweezers i would love to hear it! i am in the market for a pair...

Dahlia_Rayn

MAC tweezers are just okay...but I love my Tweezerman tweezers that I got from Sephora. They grip so well, surgically precise!

FantaZ

I have the sharpener and it doesn't rust as easily as the Revlon one I have.

Also, have those dishes. I got the idea from the Mac MUA when they do makeovers. The squeeze an amount on the petri dish and use the foundation brush to apply it on my face. I think it's reducing oil to my face.
th_dunno.gif

AlarmAgent

Their eyelash curler was by no means terrible, but if you're looking to purchase one, Shu Uemura is the go-to for good reason. That's the only accessory I've tried, though. I'm curious to hear about the tweezers as well, since I've never been satisfied with a pair in my life.

Oh, I've gotten the eyelash adhesive, too. It's the same brand (Duo) as you'd find with the lashes at the drugstore, and as far as I can tell, is of no different formulation. I could be proven wrong here, though. I am no glue expert.

kbrit08

thanks!i was most interested in the tweezers,i've always been into tweezerman too but all of mine are blunt now so i was looking to try something new.
and yeah i copy the MA's with that aswell
winks.gif
its good practice.

x

Distinque

I think Tweezerman is the best of the tweezers! Mac's tweezer is a bit more expensive too. They run $28 and tweezerman run $26.50?

You can try the Mac one and return it if it doesn't measure up.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrit08
thanks!i was most interested in the tweezers,i've always been into tweezerman too but all of mine are blunt now so i was looking to try something new.
and yeah i copy the MA's with that aswell
winks.gif
its good practice.

x

You can get the Tweezermans sharpened for free, you just send it in and they sharpen them for you, then send back. They have the infos on their website.

Personally, I don't buy the MAC accessories bc they are too expensive. I can get wipes for much cheaper from the drugstore and other stuff as well that works just as well.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlarmAgent
Their eyelash curler was by no means terrible, but if you're looking to purchase one, Shu Uemura is the go-to for good reason. That's the only accessory I've tried, though. I'm curious to hear about the tweezers as well, since I've never been satisfied with a pair in my life.

Oh, I've gotten the eyelash adhesive, too. It's the same brand (Duo) as you'd find with the lashes at the drugstore, and as far as I can tell, is of no different formulation. I could be proven wrong here, though. I am no glue expert.

its the same glue. you just get more for an extra buck or so than if you bought it at the drugstore.

user79

Oh actually, I do buy Duo glue at MAC but I don't think it's a MAC exclusive glue, it's just sold there as well. It's the best one for eyelashes imo.

Starbright211

I have the tweezers and I love them.(I used to be a Tweezerman girl) I don't know if ya'll remember a tall square faux croc case that they came out with a while back (I think it was a department store exclusive), but they came with it, along with some other little bottle and these clear screw top deallies. I use the screwtop deallies for rhinestones, and I don't think I have ever used those little bottle...

I have the eye lash curler but personally I don't think I could tell a good one from a great one...

I also think that the sponges from there are really awesome, I have tried to go back to drugstore sponges, just to save a bit and they just aren't the same.

I also have the disposable eyeshadow applicators, I have to say that I buy these ones from HEB that work better... Even though the black ones are cool to look at.

Meryl

I kind of like the MAC tweezers, but that could be because my Tweezerman tweezers have become dull in comparison.

tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Personally, I don't buy the MAC accessories bc they are too expensive. I can get wipes for much cheaper from the drugstore and other stuff as well that works just as well.

I agree with MissChevious... I should have gotten Tweezerman ones b/c of the free sharpening program..

The MAC tweezers I have are still nice and sharp after one year, but I can tell they're dulling. But, they still work very nicely.. even my BF uses them (OMG that sounds bad b/c he's not a "tweezer" kind of guy.. just for the inevitable stray hair or two haha)
That, and it looks all MAC-ish.... black with the little logo... so it matches all of my other crap. As if that matters
cutey.gif

As for the Wipes, I used to buy them all the time, but now I've found a bit of cleansing oil and cheap baby wipes do the same trick at removing m/u