MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

VioletPearl

I am so disappointed that Sun Dipped is not being repromoted.
crybaby.gif

Does anyone know if the EDSF are repromotes or new colours?
So far I only want a lipglass and maybe a lippie.

erine1881

Are the EDSF for sure bronzers or highlighters? Or it's too early to know. I need to cut down my list. It's between those and a blush.
EDSFs are highlighters, not bronzers.
I disagree! If I'm charging a premium rate my clients deserve to see high end in my kit. As is mentioned NYx isn't sealed at time of purchase. In regards to mascara most Mua's agree mascAra probably is an exception to the rule here in aus a reckon costs me more than a mac/mufe so I will use a mac/mufe I don't feel you get the same depth or complexity in a NYx lipstick colour as you would a mac
I buy my NYX online, so i know they haven't been been swatched already. Like i said, professional makeup artists know how to buy their products. Their naked pencils, another item of theirs i use (which i go through quite quickly) are sealed 100%, so that i can buy in store. If it's not sealed, i don't buy it. You can tell if a lipstick has been swatched or not, and those are easily sanitized are are done so before use and depotting anyways, as a professional artist would know to do. Again, some items you can get away with here or there by going with drugtore brands-lipsticks, mascara, shadow base, certain liners-and still charge "premium" rates, but where it counts-foundation, shadow, blush, those are where you want to invest in the name brand products.
[COLOR=CC99FF]I gotta say, I've definitely seen some drug store items that were just as good quality, or even better than MAC.[/COLOR]
There are definitely gems at the drugstore. Maybelline's vivids come to mind immediately... Definitely amazing quality!
i AGREE!  i dont have alot of drugstore makeup but i do have some that are just as good as mac. the only thing from mac that i cant find at the drugstore is MAtte/retro matte lipticks but Cream/lustre lipsticks can be found at the DS. Nail polishes are better than Mac.  the Maybelline Pots are just as good as the mac ones. the mattes better in my Opinion.  A lot of Products are Sealed now. revlon ls, Maybelline pots. Most of them with the plastic sleeve.  You cant avoid getting your makeup infected/dirty so the Key is to keep it clean like Erine said.  
Thank you ladies. You're not gonna find one makeup artist out there that doesn't use at least one drugstore product in their kit. Well, with the exception of one apparently.

Fancieland

I disagree! If I'm charging a premium rate my clients deserve to see high end in my kit. As is mentioned NYx isn't sealed at time of purchase. In regards to mascara most Mua's agree mascAra probably is an exception to the rule here in aus a reckon costs me more than a mac/mufe so I will use a mac/mufe I don't feel you get the same depth or complexity in a NYx lipstick colour as you would a mac
I had to come out of lurking for this. Getting your makeup done is a luxury EXPERIENCE. It's much more than brands and products. What you're paying for is someone to paint your face professionally. You're not paying for the products used. If you were you'd pay a hell of a lot more than the standard $50 most artists charge as a foundation and blush alone will cost you more than that. As long as it's good quality and it works well that's all that matters. Period. I have some drugstore lipsticks that wipe the floor with MAC. Including NYX. Don't bash what you don't know and don't knock it until you try it. On another note, I'm itching to find out more about the EDSFs in this collection. I've been lurking in the shadows forever trying to put together a budget for this and it's been driving me nuts lol

jchait

Thank you ladies. You're not gonna find one makeup artist out there that doesn't use at least one drugstore product in their kit. Well, with the exception of one apparently.
Is it bad that I got a coral rose blush from Milani that I'm in love with?

Debbs

No, it is not bad as when I saw it on you I had to ask what blush you had on! Drugstore or not a beautiful item is just a beautiful item. I have seen myself want something if only a few is left. If it is available in abundance I don't want it as bad anymore. We all tell ourselves a lot of things subconsciously without realizing what we are actually doing. I would not have loved lt any more or less on you if it was a HE brand blush.

CrimsonQuill157

If you love it, isn't that what matters?
love.gif
I've been wanting to pick up those Milani rose blushes myself... I have three blushes and one is technically a MSF lol so I guess I have an excuse.

pemily

In 1000 posts I have not attacked a single person. I don't think all the comments flung my way have been constructively written. Were all entitle to our opinion! I respect everyone else's on here and we all grow from learning from one another. Having a forum like this to share experiences and obsessions on is great but waking up to comments such as some I have read is not cool. Really disappointed!

jchait

Every time i go to Walgreens and CVS i check for the milani Rose blushes and nothing! i feel Damn, i really want the Redish one.
Let me know they have them at mine I can always send you one, or many! I will be happy to help!

Kristin Bacon

i want the new baked blushes from Milani. until recently i would have never considered Milani as i worked in a 99 cent store when i was 16 and we sold it an it was not great, but the newer stuff looks sooooooo much better and im gonna order the rose dellizio i think it was called?? T has reviews up for them and they all looked great. sooo gonna get my hands on those!!!

kimibos

i want the new baked blushes from Milani. until recently i would have never considered Milani as i worked in a 99 cent store when i was 16 and we sold it an it was not great, but the newer stuff looks sooooooo much better and im gonna order the rose dellizio i think it was called?? T has reviews up for them and they all looked great. sooo gonna get my hands on those!!!
Milanii makes amazing products. their liquid liner is amazing so good i cant even use it. i have to use Oil base removers/ or straight Almond oil to remove it and Oil irritates my eyes, even if i wash with the purity cleanser after.

They are Good for Pool parties. and Rainy days. i have the black and blue colors but dont use them anymore.
nope.gif

i had the Purple Baked blush and gave it away to someone that is darker than me since it was so pigmented i just looked bruised.
but the quality is good.

alexisweaver

I love the Milani Baked Blushes. They are SUPER pigmented so I had to work 'em into my cheeks but the payoff was great. Lasted me hours.

PixieDancer

Having a forum like this to share experiences and obsessions on is great but waking up to comments such as some I have read is not cool. Really disappointed!
I have to comment here... I agree that there are lovely products at the drugstore. So many of you cheering for your loved DS stuff... that's great! I like a LOT of DS items myself!

HOWEVER, I have to come to @pemily's defense here... I didn't read her initial post as an attack on DS cosmetics themselves but more a voicing of her opinion regarding professional makeup artists and the products they choose for their kits. It's no secret here, I am a model, actress, and stage performer. I'm no stranger to working with professional MUAs. I work for myself as well as major companies that cough up a pretty penny for MUA's on set. I personally would be VERY disappointed if my MUA had drugstore of any kind in their kit. Obviously, if they had items in palettes and whatnot, I'd never know. But actually SEEING a drugstore item is a little insulting. Being a MUA is a professional career and professional products should be provided for the clients. In one case, a MUA was fired and never used again on a set where she had drugstore items being used. Many of the actors and models complained about her products and felt the items were sub-par, as most of them had better quality in their own makeup bags. I personally had no problem with the MUA, her makeup, or application. I defended her because her work was ok. Not great, but not worth getting fired over a DS compact. HOWEVER, it's a perception. It casts the value you put on your business. And in her case, the company paying didn't find it professional. SO, I think @pemily is trying to state that a certain professional standard should be present. I don't think anyone would think to complain if you loved a NYX lipstick. But I don't think a paying company or client wants to see a $5 tube of cheap lipstick on your set up table. And the person that stated that getting your makeup done is an EXPERIENCE, I liked your comment because that IS true. However, part of that experience is getting a service done that for most is a luxury. Almost anyone can afford a $5 lipstick. But for something I've hired a professional for, I think most would like to have something a lot nicer that they may not be able to get themselves or afford.

So, if you use drugstore in your kit, and you find it meets your standards, I'm sure that's fine. Just depot it and don't show it off. (Except DS mascara I think is an exception and fine to use in most cases.) Or that may be the standard you are judged by as a professional MUA.

Not trying to stir the pot. Rather voice my professional opinion. I don't think talking down on someone or attacking them is the right approach. EVERYONE is allowed their own opinion in all things in life.

erine1881

Not at all! There's actually one that an artist on IG fell in love with that I've been meaning to look for myself. It looked gorgeous on her! I've yet to use drugstore blush so I'm hoping it works out.

Beautybuyer

I have to agree. If it's an amazing make up artist okay maybe I wouldn't care but paying for a wedding parties makeup at a high costs it better be all mac or medium name brand at least! And I damn sure would refuse a job if I saw elf products! Lol If I'm paying 70-100 for an event I want to be snoody and turn my nose up at the regular DS brands. Plus most artists get like 40% off at a lot of places. I mean if I got get my hair done I don't want my hair washed with Pantene! I don't think there's anything wrong with DS makeup though.

Latest posts