MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

blondie929

Yup my rewards if I lose weight will be a tattoo and dying my hair purple finally but no luck so far because the world made cake haha
I went through a phase when I was 13 of having pink hair not all of it but mostly the whole front of it and then I went back to all blonde then I went the having black on the bottom then from black I wanted purple and when I was 16 went back to blonde ... Now my hair looks like straw .. But nice straw! And yes my mother did beat me when I went through these phases I was too young she would always say and now whenever I complain about my hair she says but you wanted purple hair .. But it was nice while it lasted! Lol

mulderitsme

Aww yayyy congrats on the wedding! Get GotS though and maybe mention you would love someone to pay for your tattoo as a wedding gift?! I'm shameless like that so I totally would haha
Thank you! Hahaha that's actually really funny because my mom keeps saying the same thing. I'm gonna tell my bridesmaids that that's what I want!

mousygiggles

Oh girl, I would gladly take some. I cried two weeks again when I finally went over 100 pounds for the first time since I was in high school. I got really depressed when I was 16 due to my parent's divorce and lost about 20 pounds from not eating much. I haven't been able to gain it back and that was almost 10 years ago.

You should totally dye your hair now though, especially since purple is so popular right now.
My daughter did too. She is ok now at 120 but she is 5'8. I felt so bad for what my weight issues and had done to her sense of that sort of stuff.

AutumnMoon

Do the hair now. I loved it!!!
I loved my pink hair. My hair takes a bleaching quite well. Then it sucks up color like a sponge. The last time I did pink I bleached from store-bought black. No problem. Try Pravana color. It lasts longer and stays brighter. There were some parts of my pink that never faded. And it was a bitch to dye over.

aradhana

I can't decide if Goddess of the Sea is worth waiting up for. I am actually considering skipping all these summer collections and getting a tattoo because I've been saving for my wedding for almost 2 years and now I want one before the big day but ahhhh idk GotS is so pretty. But how often would I wear it?! Haha oh dear
eeksign.gif
what tattoo would you get?
seems like a good investment.
when is your wedding?

BitterSweet1016

I was a size 20 or so when I went pink, purple, blue, effin mint green and all sorts of those combos. The hair gave me as much confidence as the weight loss afterwards did.
It's not really my size (I mean look at vintage or tacky...who I'm built kinda like looks amazing) it's more my chin and neck if I had only one chin I would be happy lol

mousygiggles

878 new posts since this morning???? Oh helllllllllz no to reading all of it before posting.

I did see the whole collection today and will be somewhat brief:

First off, I dunno…the COMPACT didn't thrill me to death. Honestly preferred the Proenza packaging. I think I liked the way the packaging worked the best on the lipsticks, to tell the truth. But, packaging be damned - it's what in them that counts (to me!)

So, Aphrodite's Shell: I loved it. It's not quite as wonderful as my dearly beloved Lush Light Bronze, but it didn't pull orange on me at all (NC15), nor was it unmanageably dark, stiff, hard to blend or shimmery, glittery or even sheen-y. It's a fine addition to the Extra Dimension line. I wasn't going to buy a bronzer, but AS was really excellent, especially the finish on the skin, which was super duper natural, even less light reflective than the Careblend bronzers, but not matte or heavy looking at all. For someone who hasn't bought a new bronzer since Surf Baby and LLB, and wasn't planning on buying another unless I was very impressed - well, I'm buying it! It is good. It had a very classy and realistic, nude pink pale tan effect on me - even more subtle than LLB, in fact. I was sold.

I was really hoping Delphic would work too, since it doesn't look orange-y in the pan, but it did in fact pull a little too orange on me. My MA liked it, but I much preferred AS. Another gal was in there trying things on who was NC35 and Delphic looked PHENOMENAL on her - it was so beautiful on her. If you are NC35 or NC40, Delphic is for you and you will go bananas over it. These are the nicest bronzer finish MAC has come out with since the Careblend ones, imo.

• The lipsticks didn't much work for me, sorry to say. Mystical had just a twinge too much brown although it was SO CLOSE to being a fantastic MLBB like my favorite One of a Kind. It could be dealt with with a pale pink lip pencil, but I don't need to hassle with that. If you're more medium skin toned, it'll be great and it will definitely look much pinker on deep skin tones for sure.
  • Siren Song reminded me very very much of Tropical Mist from Carine Roitfeldt. That wasn't the perfect nude for me and SS wasn't either, but if you are NW and fair, you will love it. It will be an excellent replacement for TM, perhaps just the teeniest bit warmer than that one, but not so much it'd be bad for NW.
  • Enchanted One was very similar to Cozy Up, but a little bit browner and darker (just by a hair). Cozy Up is better on me than EO, which is going to be a HG matte nude for people with deeper skin than mine. Again, if you're NC35-40, or even darker, this is one to give a major major look at. It might be OK for fair NC people if you wished Cozy Up was a little browner and less peachy - it's going to look more orange on NW, but not necessarily in a bad way - but buyer beware and try before buy and all that. Personally, I love Cozy Up, but Runway Hit is even better for me and I don't need EO.
  • Pet Me Please is the same old PMP - I love this one very much and it will look especially awesome under the very pearlescent lip glosses in this collection. I already have a tube of it from its first release, though. I've used quite a bit of it, but I'm not sure I need a BU. I'm considering it, since PMP is quite unique in it's frostiness and grey nude lilac undertone. It's best under lip gloss, but it's not a dry frost, it looks and feels moist.
  • I did looooove Goddess of the Sea, though. It's the only lipstick of the whole bunch I am going to get. On my pigmented lips, it looks the way my dearly beloved Flaunting It does, but with more violet and less brown. It's like a cooler, more violet Flaunting It or a less reddish, softer Bust Out, and for this, it is LOVE LOVE LOVE. Super soft and pretty and smooth. Looks amazing under some of the glosses, like Clear Water and Modern Lure. This is the lipstick for me!!

Those glosses….let me just say, this is the first MAC collection I can recall where I loved the glosses MORE than the lipsticks. Who would've thunk it? All of them, other than Peachstock, are either highly pearlized - like massively more than any others with that finish (which I love) or super glittery - they all reminded me of Lip Gelee style. Peachstock was the one I wasn't going to bother with, but after I tried it on, I decided it was on too - it's outrageously pigmented, didn't settle into the lip lines, looks like a wet look lipstick almost. I just ate dinner with it on and it's stayed on! I'll go on about everything else in the next post.
YOU ARE AMAZING AS ALWAYS!!!!!
cheerleader.gif

pretty_melody

This is worse than nail polish restocks, at least those usually have set start times! Though hopefully MAC doesn't sell out as fast as polish (seconds).
Yeah I can't compete with the nail polish crowd. So many gorgeous holos and chromes but man it was like a beat down to get one, gone in seconds..

Dolly Snow

I loved my pink hair. My hair takes a bleaching quite well. Then it sucks up color like a sponge. The last time I did pink I bleached from store-bought black. No problem. Try Pravana color. It lasts longer and stays brighter. There were some parts of my pink that never faded. And it was a bitch to dye over.
I swear by Pravana! I've used all the vivids and the pastels. I've used Wild Orchid for years. I've had pink hair for 6 years straight. I love my bright hair. I am going to recolor soon. I hate my roots.

MakeupQueen4

Just refreshed the MAC page again and made sure I'm all signed in and credit card/shipping info is saved and correct. When the time comes I just want to click, click pay and then sleep

rae_rae21

I think I'm skipping EO...it's one that's been on my list, but I have so many other colors in better finishes to justify it.

mulderitsme

what tattoo would you get?
seems like a good investment.
when is your wedding?
I want a hot air balloon on my arm! My wedding is July 26 and everything is paid for except like $300 for the photographer sooo I shouldn't feel guilty spending on myself

BitterSweet1016

Oh girl, I would gladly take some. I cried two weeks again when I finally went over 100 pounds for the first time since I was in high school. I got really depressed when I was 16 due to my parent's divorce and lost about 20 pounds from not eating much. I haven't been able to gain it back and that was almost 10 years ago.

You should totally dye your hair now though, especially since purple is so popular right now.
Oh I so sorry to hear about your weightloss (I know that sounds weird) but I know people have issues like that I do hope you're able to some way to fix it and a bit of weight. My eating habits are horrible because in high school I use to not eat breakfast or lunch so now I don't get hungry until like 5pm and only eating one big meal is a day then snacks is not good so I need to fix that with me other wise I won't gain or loss weight which is my issue now I'm just maintaining the weight I have.

MakeupQueen4

I want a hot air balloon on my arm! My wedding is July 26 and everything is paid for except like $300 for the photographer sooo I shouldn't feel guilty spending on myself
Shouldn't feel guilty at all. What look are you going for on your wedding day? Soft or bold? I always said I was going to be red lip bold on my big day

Latest posts