MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection (May 22, 2014)

honey on boost

How many BUs did you have?
Only one, I'm on my second tube
cry.gif

Audrey C

I must have been unclear because I wasn't complaining
icon_eek.gif
It's just crazy how much can change in a matter of 10 minutes with these launches. I'm used to waiting several weeks to over a month for most packages so I'm in fact very pleased that they even offered the overnight code (something which is very scarce in Canada) and that I will be receiving the bulk of my items today
th_DANCE.gif
No no, I didn't think you were complaining. It was a general comment. Also, I totally get people being impatient, I just think it's a bit unfair to call MAC out for poor service in this case. It's sometimes warranted and I'm first in line then, but I don't think they've dropped the ball here. :)

BitterSweet1016

Well boo on the BS UPS comes up with. Apparently my package is delayed do to "Serve weather conditions" in a town that is only 45 mins away from me. Yes the sunny/partly cloudy 79 degree weather is bad. Bullshit UPS bullshit. SO now my order is actually here in the town I live in but I can't get it until monday because husband is gone out of state with the car (at the airport) until sunday. :( Oh well.

haxxai

No no, I didn't think you were complaining. It was a general comment. Also, I totally get people being impatient, I just think it's a bit unfair to call MAC out for poor service in this case. It's sometimes warranted and I'm first in line then, but I don't think they've dropped the ball here. :)
Absolutely. I wouldn't call it poor service at all. I'm amazed at how quickly they were able to process and ship out many of the orders and I've always received top notch customer service from them when things do go wrong.

lipstickaddict

I admit that what I type on here is not how I really speak or write. It is so hard to convery emotion, inflection, all of that stuff on here and sometime breaking the rules is the only way to get it done. I fought it but it works and gives posts character. At least to me it does.
Oh, I am totally with you! I don't really worry much about grammar/mechanics here--totally agree that it gives posts character! I just have to laugh that so many people cannot pronounce Aphrodite's Shell! LOL!

VelvetLips

If someone's interested, I just put up a FOTD using GotS. I'm not comfortable posting full face pictures in the open section of the forum, so it's only there.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Who can't pronounce Aphrodite? I thought Ethereal was bad enough.
Quote: Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84

People on Youtube! It drives me insane lol! I thought it was a well known name...
It gets really bad when they pronounce La Roche Posay as La Roach Pussay.

sosandie

Here are some pics and swatches - I'm NC45 for reference... Yay Thank you for the swatch comparison! Enjoy your goodies   I ordered Delphic, LL & FD Here is Delphic compared to my fave MAC Skin finish natural powder in Medium deep... They are almost EXACT in color - Delphic has a little more red to it tho... It is a bronzer after all lol Only thing is when swatching, it blends so well into my skin tone you cant even tell it's there. Here are the swatches of everything Top to bottom: Delphic Bronzer - I SWEAR I swatched it even though you cant see it! FD EDES (I PROMISE THE PIC DOES NOT DO THIS EYE SHADOW JUSTICE!!! I'm Getting BU's Next week) LL  EDES (Gorgeous and will mos def be going in my kit)